Extra $1000 rebate for SV Tech package in CO and TX, total $8000 rebate on 2020 Leafs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triggerhappy007

I noticed a couple states had an additional $1000 rebate. I'm not sure if this will continue next month or just for Black Friday. Here are some deals in the CO and TX areas:

https://www.fortcollinsnissan.com/vehicle-details/new-2020-nissan-leaf-sv-plus-1N4BZ1CP7LC310703

https://www.lhmnissanarapahoe.com/new/Nissan/2020-Nissan-LEAF-45dd4e4d0a0e0a1720ee2fe3c8d27cb9.htm

https://www.nissanoflewisville.com/inventory/new-2020-nissan-leaf-sv-plus-fwd-4d-hatchback-1n4bz1cp8lc311696/

This dealer doesn't have the additional $2000 shown, so it should be $28,935.

Coloradans also have the option of buying the car in Texas and then taking the CO state credit themselves on next year's tax return. The car bought that way is approaching $20k after all applied discounts and credits but before TT&L. Heck of a price

If only it had DCFC other than zombie CHAdeMO ...

I like the look of that orange SV+ at Tynan's in Fort Collins but there is no all weather package. It does have the tech package with all those doo-dads but apparently it doesn't even have heated seats. :shock:

goldbrick said:
I like the look of that orange SV+ at Tynan's in Fort Collins but there is no all weather package. It does have the tech package with all those doo-dads but apparently it doesn't even have heated seats. :shock:

There was a similar SV+ at our closest dealer. Tech package, amazingly low lease deal, Brilliant Silver, no all weather.

goldbrick said:
Yeah, I don't know why the dealer wouldn't order the all weather package in CO unless Nissan just gives whatever it wants. Even in North TX, I love having the all weather package.

LeftieBiker said:
goldbrick said:

There was a similar SV+ at our closest dealer. Tech package, amazingly low lease deal, Brilliant Silver, no all weather.

Here in NorCal, is even better. This is what you can get from SV Plus + Tech & Wether, SL +
Nissan Incentive $7000
Dealer discount $4500
New Calfornia Clean Fuel Reward $1500 (at point of sale, so you don't have to do anything)
If you VPP, which I am, another discount $1000
So $14000 off from MSRP. So, the SL+ costs $31000, or SV+ costs 29K
After purchase, you can get addtional
$7500 from Fed tax credit
$2000 from Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
$800 from PG&E
another $10300 off
Grand total of $24,300

And still, me and my wife went out and bought a Tesla Model Y last week with FULL price and NO tax credit :). Sometimes I hate myself, but after test driving a Tesla, to me, it's worth $40K more than the Leaf. The feeling you cannot describe, you are willing to pay top dollars and you are willing to wait for weeks to get the car :) No wonder Tesla market cap is 10 times bigger than GM, Elon is the 2nd richest man in the world now. I think Tesla will bill 1 of the big 3 in Detroit soon, maybe Ford :)

But I might buy the Leaf for my college boy, it looks so cheap :). The SL+ $45K MSRP car, you can get for $21K :). It's really cheap...

queuetee said:
And still, me and my wife went out and bought a Tesla Model Y last week with FULL price and NO tax credit :). Sometimes I hate myself, but after test driving a Tesla, to me, it's worth $40K more than the Leaf. The feeling you cannot describe, you are willing to pay top dollars and you are willing to wait for weeks to get the car :)
After months and months of watching you agonize over every penny, I would have bet good money that you would never choose quality over price.

You sure fooled me. I take that as a lesson. Enjoy your car !

SageBrush said:
queuetee said:
And still, me and my wife went out and bought a Tesla Model Y last week with FULL price and NO tax credit :). Sometimes I hate myself, but after test driving a Tesla, to me, it's worth $40K more than the Leaf. The feeling you cannot describe, you are willing to pay top dollars and you are willing to wait for weeks to get the car :)
After months and months of watching you agonize over every penny, I would have bet good money that you would never choose quality over price.

@SageBrush, LOL, so true!!!!!!

Yah, the difference is that after I test-drove the Leaf, went home, I felt nothing to be excited about the car. Thinking if I want to buy it if I can wait for a good deal, never felt the rush to get the Leaf. But after test-drove the Tesla, I did not think about money or deal, I just want to get the car ASAP. Same for wife, she was so excited and want to buy on the spot. Tesla is an amazing company, I would say. Before I could not undertand how people obsessed with Tesla, after driving the Model Y performance, now I can understand it. Btw, get Model Y performance instead of Long Range, you get much better wheels, a beautiful spoiler, and 3.5s instead of 4.8s from 0-60. To me, it's worth the money. Can't wait to get it, still weeks away though :)
Btw, sorry to highjack Leaf thread :)

queuetee said:
SageBrush said:
queuetee said:

@SageBrush, LOL, so true!!!!!!

Yah, the difference is that after I test-drove the Leaf, went home, I felt nothing to be excited about the car. Thinking if I want to buy it if I can wait for a good deal, never felt the rush to get the Leaf. But after test-drove the Tesla, I did not think about money or deal, I just want to get the car ASAP. Same for wife, she was so excited and want to buy on the spot. Tesla is an amazing company, I would say. Before I could not undertand how people obsessed with Tesla, after driving the Model Y performance, now I can understand it. Btw, get Model Y performance instead of Long Range, you get much better wheels, a beautiful spoiler, and 3.5s instead of 4.8s from 0-60. To me, it's worth the money. Can't wait to get it, still weeks away though :)
Btw, sorry to highjack Leaf thread :)
Our Tesla is the best car we have ever owned. You are going to be delighted.
The crazy thing ? Every couple of weeks or so, Tesla sends a software update to all the Teslas in the world with new features and improvements. The car never gets old.

There is one not so great thing though that many Tesla buyers have had to deal with: the wife steals the car. There are many, many two Tesla families. :)

By the way, over at the TMC forum people stop by wondering about buying a Tesla. The usual advice is given along with answers to their questions but someone always says something along the lines of "if you are on the fence, then whatever you do, **don't take a test drive**. LOL

Last tidbit you might enjoy since you are buying the 3.5 second (0-60) Model Y: I watched a video this morning of a Porsche Taycan Turbo S (the performance version of their EV) easily beat a Lamborghini in the 0-60 and 1/4. Your Model Y is faster than the Porsche in the (0-60). I'm not sure about the 1/4 mile

Back