Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few aftermarket batteries are starting to show up (might be dangerous) as the Leaf is an accessible platform. The Leaf is also likely to continue in the emerging world for a while to come as it is a less expensive platform for Nissan. I also think Nissan wants to be known for having multiple EVs on the Market.

DougWantsALeaf said:
I also think Nissan wants to be known for having multiple EVs on the Market.
A good way to accomplish that is to actually have multiple EVs on the market.

(They've had 10 years to do so)

DougWantsALeaf said:
Anyone concerned that all of these mega deals on Leafs are just a precursor to the Leaf closing down? Seeking if remaining cars and parts inventory?

Alternatively, do we think it's so nissan can stop buying zev credits?

Any signs or updates on the 2021 Leaf?

Nope. Typical dealership stuff. They pad quarters because the sales determines allotments for upcoming quarters. They are simply setting themselves up to get a bigger delivery of Ariya's. EVERYONE but Tesla is essentially doing the same.

FYI; what does trump fans and Tesla fan's have in common?

Answer; Hard to say because their truths change too fast.

You may now release the Kraken!

I just missed a 2013 SL with Premium for $4600. It was listed on the Pueblo, CO Craigslist (and is still there as of this evening) but when I called this morning it had already sold. They had it listed as an S but it was obviously an SL and it also had the raised front badge which means it had the surround-view option, which on a 2013 SL means Premium Package, which is the only option available for a 2013 SL.

I don't know if it was an early 2013 or a late 2013 or how many bars it had, etc but it would have been for my wife/kids for getting around town so anything will do. We still have a couple of ICE cars for road trips so this would have just replaced one of those for the 1-2 mile commutes my kids and wife do routinely.

rayray said:
I was wondering what others have paid for a Leaf SL Plus with leather seats etc. lately? after spending a few hours at a local dealer in NY I was offered a price of 36.5K. Was wondering if that's a good price before rebates and incentives?

Are you sure it does not include the mfg rebate of $6,000?

cordycep said:
rayray said:
I was wondering what others have paid for a Leaf SL Plus with leather seats etc. lately? after spending a few hours at a local dealer in NY I was offered a price of 36.5K. Was wondering if that's a good price before rebates and incentives?

No doubt it does. But adding in state (if any) and fed incentives makes is a VERY hard deal to beat.

DaveinOlyWA said:
cordycep said:
rayray said:

No doubt it does. But adding in state (if any) and fed incentives makes is a VERY hard deal to beat.
In Norcal, Bay Area, you can get SL Plus for 34K easily. Sometimes I see 33K. Usually, 12K off from MSRP
With Fed 7500 + CA 2000 + PGE 800 = 10300
33K - 10300 = around 23K for SL Plus. Basically, you pay 23K from $45,500 from MSRP :)
I don't need it now, but it's extremely hard to resist the deal :)
That's why is hard to sell used leaf. Who would pay around 18K regular leaf where you can get 23K for a brand new SL Plus

queuetee said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
cordycep said:

In Norcal, Bay Area, you can get SL Plus for 34K easily. Sometimes I see 33K. Usually, 12K off from MSRP
33K - 10300 = around 23K for SL Plus. Basically, you pay 23K from $45,500 from MSRP :)
That's why is hard to sell used leaf. Who would pay around 18K regular leaf where you can get 23K for a brand new SL Plus

Just the info I was looking for since I am in NorCal, I have been contemplating getting rid of my prius prime which I really like but need much more EV range. THANK YOU.

It seems the price qoute from dealer average around $9K off MRSP -that includes rebate. Anyone got lower than that? thanks

I traded in my almost 2 year old Leaf with 50k miles for a Plus since there great deals in my area. Got a $6800 dealer discount + $6000 Nissan rebate + $2000 SV Tech rebate (only in TX and CO I think) + $7500 tax credit + $2500 state EV rebate. So in end, it costs me $5600 to upgrade to a new car with 0 miles and a larger battery.

I have noticed some differences especially with ProPilot. The distance interval is saved so if I used 2 bars and turn it off, it stays at 2 bars when I turn it on, rather than go back to 3 like in my 2019. I also like the bigger screen for the 360 degree camera. I noticed the additional of 2 USB ports in the back and a rear center headrest.

I've only had the car a couple days and it seems like it's about 0.2 mi/kWh less than my non-plus on my commute.

queuetee said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
cordycep said:

Which dealer in bay area is providing these deals?

Latest from Texas:
I admit that I've just started looking in earnest to replace my 2012 (11 bar with "Lizard" ~50,000 miles) with the newer style Leaf. I want to stick with the CHAdeMO bi-directional enable vehicle for various reasons.

This is the "early" discount discussions:
$6000 factory credit
$2000 finance credit (seems this may/may not be additive depending upon dealer)
Might be additional MSRP dealer knock-offs (likely depends on state of inventory/timing)
Usual "protection" add-ons up to almost $3000! However, seems highly negociable
I do qualify for the $7500 tax credit
I do expect to pay the "doc" fee and taxes of course, but are there any other legit adds that the dealer will try to add in that are negociable? I saw a "non-tax fee" on one quote as an example.

Any help appreciated

Every region has slightly different incentives, but you want to be starting your negotiation at 7-10K below invoice before stste and federal rebates/discounts.

Leaf Plus is a value buy right now.

Marktm said:
Latest from Texas:
I admit that I've just started looking in earnest to replace my 2012 (11 bar with "Lizard" ~50,000 miles) with the newer style Leaf. I want to stick with the CHAdeMO bi-directional enable vehicle for various reasons.

$6000 factory credit
Might be additional MSRP dealer knock-offs (likely depends on state of inventory/timing)
Usual "protection" add-ons up to almost $3000! However, seems highly negotiable
I do expect to pay the "doc" fee and taxes of course, but are there any other legit adds that the dealer will try to add in that are negociable? I saw a "non-tax fee" on one quote as an example.

Any help appreciated

Here's is deal from last week, that I got purchasing a 2020 SL Plus.
This was a "clean deal", no trade, no finance Paid cash

All numbers are exactly as listed on the final "Buyers Order" Contract

$45,395.00 MSRP 2020 SL Plus options: w/Splash Guards. Carpeted mats, Rear Cup holders + Safety Kit
( $4,731.34) dealer "discount"
==========
$40,663.66 "Purchase Price"
+$887.00 Pre Delivery Service charge (profit maker)
+$196.95 Electronic Registration Filing Fee (Profit maker)
+ $99.00 PRIVATE AGCY TAG FEE (Profit maker)
+$2,561.19 Florida State Sales Tax
+$150.00 Title Registration and License fees
+ $2.00 Lemon Law Fee
+ $1.50 Lead Acid Battery Fee
+ $5.00 new tire fee
------------------
$44,566.30 Total Cash Price
( $6,500.00) Rebates
------------------
$38,066.30 OUT THE DOOR PRICE Balance Due on Delivery
==========

I qualify for the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit but there are no other credits in Florida.
So my real net cost was $30,566.30 out of pocket after tax credit.

The insurance company paid me $31,614.75 for my totaled 2019 SL Plus after $1,000 deducible. So if I factor in the $7,500 tax credit I got a new 2020 and put $1,048.45 in my pocket.

Marktm said:
Latest from Texas:

$6000 factory credit
Usual "protection" add-ons up to almost $3000! However, seems highly negociable

Any help appreciated

I bought a Leaf in Dallas last month. It seems like Houston is listing their prices with only the Nissan rebate without any dealer discounts. You can bring up Dallas prices when you negotiate with the dealer. I would aim for at least $4000 dealer discount with the 40 kWh battery and $5000 with the 62 kWh battery.

The sweet spot right now is the SV and SV Plus with Tech package since there's an additional $2000 rebate in TX. So up to $8000 off before dealer discounts. Also, there is a $2500 mail in rebate through the TCEQ and they have to receive the rebate by January 7th.

A lot of dealers have add ons but they're negotiable. The only fees you should pay for are government fees and taxes.

Flyct said:
Marktm said:
Latest from Texas:

$6000 factory credit
Usual "protection" add-ons up to almost $3000! However, seems highly negotiable

Any help appreciated

Here's is deal from last week, that I got purchasing a 2020 SL Plus.
This was a "clean deal", no trade, no finance Paid cash

All numbers are exactly as listed on the final "Buyers Order" Contract

$45,395.00 MSRP 2020 SL Plus options: w/Splash Guards. Carpeted mats, Rear Cup holders + Safety Kit
( $4,731.34) dealer "discount"
==========
$40,663.66 "Purchase Price"
+$887.00 Pre Delivery Service charge (profit maker)
+$196.95 Electronic Registration Filing Fee (Profit maker)
+ $99.00 PRIVATE AGCY TAG FEE (Profit maker)
+$2,561.19 Florida State Sales Tax
+$150.00 Title Registration and License fees
+ $2.00 Lemon Law Fee
+ $1.50 Lead Acid Battery Fee
+ $5.00 new tire fee
------------------
$44,566.30 Total Cash Price
( $6,500.00) Rebates
------------------
$38,066.30 OUT THE DOOR PRICE Balance Due on Delivery
==========

I qualify for the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit but there are no other credits in Florida.
So my real net cost was $30,566.30 out of pocket after tax credit.

The insurance company paid me $31,614.75 for my totaled 2019 SL Plus after $1,000 deducible. So if I factor in the $7,500 tax credit I got a new 2020 and put $1,048.45 in my pocket.

guessing half the crap you listed is SOP in FL? Still not a bad deal considering the insurance payout. Did you buy the 2019 cash as well?

DaveinOlyWA said:
guessing half the crap you listed is SOP in FL? Still not a bad deal considering the insurance payout. Did you buy the 2019 cash as well?

Dave,

Yes, my 2019 SL Plus was also paid for. I’m fortunately at that point in my life where I’m retired and totally debt free.

Yes, typical Florida dealers Pack deals with fees and other BS profit costs. That’s why I only negotiate out the door price when dealing.

Dealers here advertise prices with every rebate available. Then they try to tack on $2000-$3000 protection packages and fees.. In fact the car I bought has a line item next to the window sticker for $1,995 add on for Window tint, door edge guards, wheel locks.

2020 SV both packages, 40 kWh battery, Maryland, 30k flat out the door, 22.5k after the fed tax credit. Pretty sweet car for 22.5k!

End of the year is the time to buy. Just got home from dealership.

2020 SL Plus Gun Metallic Grey
Before trade and tax rebate, but after all other manufacturers rebates, tax, title, all fees. $33,700 OTD.

$5000 for my trade, which I was expecting $3500, and $7500 tax rebate still to be applied.

Puts me at $26200 after tax rebate, but before trade. In NC so no other rebates. MSRP was $45k.

Been shopping for the last couple months, and waiting until 12/30 paid off big time. This was even my first choice in color.

Back