The 62kWh Battery Topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the 100kW chargers are 200 amps max.. you need to find a 200kW Chademo. There were a couple listed in Oklahoma, but supposedly they also are only around 200amps.

The good news is that the 200amp chademos appear to have hit commodity pricing, and most of the new ones going up look to charge at that rate.

DougWantsALeaf said:
The good news is that the 200amp chademos appear to have hit commodity pricing
Link ?

My interest is from the POV of a Tesla owner, although the current CHAdeMO adapter is limited to 125 Amps. If it gets upgraded to 200 Amps (let alone 300 Amps) I may have to reconsider my lack of interest in the CHAdeMO network. At least until a CCS adapter comes along.

It does sound like the 62 kWh LEAFs support 300 Amps. If I'm not mistaken the 40 kWh LEAFs are 200 Amps, and will top out at ~ 73 kW no matter the charger or cable upgrade.

SageBrush said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
The good news is that the 200amp chademos appear to have hit commodity pricing
Link ?

My interest is from the POV of a Tesla owner, although the current CHAdeMO adapter is limited to 125 Amps. If it gets upgraded to 200 Amps (let alone 300 Amps) I may have to reconsider my lack of interest in the CHAdeMO network. At least until a CCS adapter comes along.

It does sound like the 62 kWh LEAFs support 300 Amps. If I'm not mistaken the 40 kWh LEAFs are 200 Amps, and will top out at ~ 73 kW no matter the charger or cable upgrade.

125 is best I saw including a stint on a 200 amp machine

DougWantsALeaf said:
I know charging at 40kW feels very slow compared to charging at 75+.
Imagine how it feels compared to 200+ kW

If I was inclined to use my influence with Elon, I would advocate for a CCS adapter.

SageBrush said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
I know charging at 40kW feels very slow compared to charging at 75+.
Imagine how it feels compared to 200+ kW

If I was inclined to use my influence with Elon, I would advocate for a CCS adapter.

Why not make all cars use the same standard?

CCS for all.

DougWantsALeaf said:
On the argument, one could say that Chademo is even more standard than ccs. It is identical globally, unlike ccs.
Again my opinion is that China will be the arbiter for it
EU adopting the Chinese standard ? Not a chance

For one, they already have an extensive infrastructure in place
2, Flipping one country is hard, forget about all the countries in the EU
and 3, CCS type2 incorporates Type2 which is a 3 phase, common standard in the EU.

Still dropping..

ejkbB8El.png

Learjet said:
Still dropping..

ejkbB8El.png

Your pix tells me my high Hx is primarily due to DC charging. Wondering if that is a good thing or bad thing? To compare mine to yours;

93.80 SOH was part of an adjustment but at 93.76 SOH, I had 11332 miles on July 24. Today I am at 93.10% SOH @ 15,800 miles. My Hx has steadily been going down and yeah, that started about 2-3 weeks after I stopped DC charging.

Despite our dramatically different charging profiles, we are basically in lockstep...

My 11k mile 2019 SV+ has a very similar 93.34 SoH; hx of 108. Its cold so i am back to home level 2 charging.

Just finished a 91 mile winter-ish drive with my wife to Wisconsin and back in the SV+. Heat on the whole way. 55-60mph for first 7 miles then 70-73mph for next 35 miles, finally 45mph for final 5 each way. 50% charge per dash (likely a little less in LS) used, 3.7 and 3.8 miles/kWh for efficiency. It was spoiling to leave the heat on, preheating at the destination (it was a short stop), and using propilot the whole way. About 32F outside. Battery never moved off of 4 bars over the couple hours. Not sure how you get the car to charge-gate in winter with the bigger battery.

Well my 2019 S+ fell back to earth and moved to 96.4% SOH (from 97.95%) with its quarterly update this month. Interestingly, I didn't do any 100% charges in the quarter, so going to try to do a full charge 9nce during this coming quarter to see if it does anything positive.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Well my 2019 S+ fell back to earth and moved to 96.4% SOH (from 97.95%) with its quarterly update this month. Interestingly, I didn't do any 100% charges in the quarter, so going to try to do a full charge 9nce during this coming quarter to see if it does anything positive.

The lack of full charges was undoubtedly a coincidence. Don't make it more than that.

time for an updated battery degradation graph. I changed to a polynomial trendline, holding north of 92% at 18K. Trend appears to be leveling out

psm30KF.png

92s seems to be where these batteries (both variants) level out with the BMS.

A few 2020 Leaf posters saw their batteries drop from high 90s to 92s in one adjustment vs. The more gradual drops we see with the 2018-2019s.

DougWantsALeaf said:
92s seems to be where these batteries (both variants) level out with the BMS.

A few 2020 Leaf posters saw their batteries drop from high 90s to 92s in one adjustment vs. The more gradual drops we see with the 2018-2019s.

:shock:

That might be simply not taking enough readings.

Back