TPMS 2011/12 & 2013 not compatible

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelcity

I had to find out the hard way that the 2012 TPMS sensors are not the same as the 2013 , I had purchased 4 new sensors (Schrader 28204) for my separate wheels/snow tires and after 2 days of trying to program I did some more research to find out there is a difference. I would imagine some where on here I could of found out this but I figured gen1 is gen1. So if anyone with a 2011 or 2012 needs 4 TPMS sensors 2 days old let me know. Thanks Steelcity

I'm glad I looked at your thread. I have a 2013 as well and like you, I thought the 2011 - 2017 TPMS were all 315 MHz and therefore compatible (after re-registration, which I think can be done via Leafspy).

Out of curiosity, what steps did you take to re-register the sensors to your 2013 LEAF?

The main reasons I haven't installed sensors in my winters is that I haven't been able to find clear how to steps (there's a lot of contradictory info) and I'd like to purchase used ones, but haven't found any from a 2013 yet.

Alozzy, I had bought a TPMS tool a couple of years ago for a few of my vehicles Autel TS508 and it came with lifetime free updates and works with all cars and it definitely paid for itself with swapping out snow sets back and forth. But this tool hooks up to the OBD connector under the dash and u follow the instructions from the tool, go to tire to tire and reads the new ID then hook up to OBD then download and bingo your done. But what I did do is go back to rockauto and order TPMS sensors for the 2013 and now they had $13 sensors!! VDO / CONTINENTAL is the brand. Installed them and they programed fine and been on for maybe 2 weeks with no problems. You are right about the 2011/12/13 using 315MHZ which is why I thought they would work. BTW rockauto still has the $13 ones. Tip use retailmenot.com for rockauto and save %5.

Edit: retailmenot.com then search for rockauto.com coupon code.

Thanks for the details! Unfortunately, we don't have Autorock in Canada (at least, not in Vancouver), but I'll see if I can source VDO / CONTINENTAL sensors elsewhere. Hopefully on Amazon.ca

To give you an example, I went to BorderBuddy.com and ran a query for "TPMS". I put in a $60 USD valuation, said that the source country was China (likely), and the estimated fees were $73.79 CAD!

Basically, the estimated fees are as much as the original purchase price.

That's why I am very careful about what items I buy from the US. US made goods generally have much lower import fees, but not always.

Back