2013 Leaf charging timer won’t work

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkio42

I have searched and searched all the forums but can’t find an answer.

I set the charging timer on my leaf. It is highlighted with start time/date. Clocks are correct, days are correct. When I turn car off it shows that the timer is on. I plug in charging lead, the three lights flash consecutively to show that timer is on but the car never starts charging.

I have a Project EV pro earth charger but it doesn’t have a timer set.

Any ideas please? Thank you

Trim level?

I can only guess you have an SV or SL or whatever it is in your country that where the vehicle comes with a nav system. S trim doesn't have nav and has less timer functionality besides it being tougher to set.

Does pressing the Timer Override button on the lower left dashboard (left hand drive cars) allow the car to start charging? The button has, IIRC, a clock face and the word "Off" on it.

Sorry just saw replies 🙄. It has full navigation system. I have tried setting just start time/ start and end time and just end time. The timer override does work but now just have timer set to off and just plug it in the charge.
I have finally managed to work out project EV APP so will try to set a timer on APP instead.

Watch this space 😀

If you give us the start/end times and days programmed, we may be able to see what is wrong with your settings. I have used the charge timers without incident since 2011 on 3 different LEAFs, but it is important to understand how the start/end times work over multiple days.

I programmed in start 0030 with no end time. On all days of the week. Definitely was on.

Have tried all different variables.

I really can’t see what I have done wrong. Will take a photo later.

As an aside. Managed to get project EV app to work. Tried timer on that but still didn’t work although now I can turn charger on and off remotely

I believe you can either program an end time only (car decides when to start charging to reach full charge by ending time) or start and end times (car will start charging at start time and stop when fully charged or at end time whichever occurs first). With start and end times programmed, the car will start charging immediately if plugged in after start time and before end time. I am reasonably certain the timers will not work if only start time is programmed.

If you want the car to start charging at 0030 every day and don't care about end time, then I suggest you program start time 0030 and end time before you would normally plug in so maybe 1700 or 1800 with timer enabled for all days.

The scheduling timer works fine on my sister’s chargedev so it appears the problem is that the car isn’t waking up the project EV charger. In contact with them so will see what happens.

Sorted! A very basic problem. My Leaf will not wake up the EVSE as it was in ECO mode. Once that was take off , timer set with just start time and it was fine. Thanks for all your help 😀

Back