Data not showing up in Carwings (mostly due to Bluetooth!)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hobbyguy said:
I was not showing up on CarWings or on the rankings. I got in the car yesterday and went through every setting on Carwings. I found one that said something like this "send info to center at - each start up, - every 2 hours, - every 6 hours" or something close to that.

Thanks, that's what I suspected, and set my car up likewise yesterday (I think I chose 30 minute intervals). But, of course, I've probably had the phone in the car interfering with communications every time it's wanted to do so since. Sigh.

mwalsh said:
A bit weird....I was just out at my car again - I thought I might blow out my user ID and password and re-enter them. So I figured I might as well just try what was already entered one more time as it was, just to see. And what do you know....it worked! I got a message back that said something like "activating account" (it went by too quickly to take a photo) and Carwings now works.

Maybe Nissan is checking on us here to see if we're having any problems?

The Big Brother is working ;)

Well, with my wife's phone paired the car is able to communicate with the Carwings Data Center just fine. So it's clearly just my phone, and I guess I'll need to either replace it or unpair it from the car and go back to just using my BT headset. :(

Here is a data point for you. I have sync'd my phone for both calls and bluetooth audio since Monday morning and I do show data for Monday on Carwings; 30.6 miles at 7 miles/kWH! So if that is your trouble it is not happening for me.

I do think that they pushed some sort of update this evening as I went to dinner and when I returned to the car my startup sound was reset to the default; I normally set it to off. Everything else was still programmed/set as before so that was strange; unless the car had a hiccup and reset the startup sound... who knows. It does take me setting another sound first before selecting off to get it to stay in the off selection; otherwise selecting off to start with does not work. That is also strange.

I think I may have it cracked - last night, when I was goofing with my wife's phone, I set the download (which I guess also means upload in Nissan speak - our security system at work uses the same reverse logic, and it never ceases to get me confused) interval from 30 minutes to Start Up and it looks like Carwings is finally starting to pick up data.

Now all it's showing as of right now is a bunch of zero data, because the car hasn't moved yet, but it at least appears to be an improvement over a bunch of frustrating hash marks.

It's good that you may have figured that out. I will add that to my list of strange quirks that I am finding; nothing major, just things that defy logic. One of these things is that you toggle down to advance a song in USB or bluetooth audio connection but toggle up (with the same button) to go higher when tuning a radio station.

Well my workaround for the time being is to set my car to upload data to Carwings on start and leave BT off on my phone until I'm sure that's been done. Then I turn BT on and connect the phone and car together. It's a bit of a pain in the rear but it's workable for now, especially since I don't really want to buy a new phone (well I do, but I don't). Being as my first set of data showing in Carwings is complete nonsense, I may decide that the Carwings thing is a waste of time.

My data uploaded on the day I got the car, but not in the 4 days since. The 4th is the only day that has history in the web portal.

It connects to the datacenter fine when I "sign in" from the NAV. I get my notification emails, and I can control charging and climate control.

Also, the "history" screen on the NAV shows nothing as well. I've driven the car for the past 5 days.

navhistory.jpg

BTW, I believe the reason I was not getting data is because I was not pressing "agree" at the startup message, I was tapping the carwings button to go to the energy screen, which is basically the same as tapping decline. Once I actually read the disclaimer, it became apparent that carwings data will not get uploaded unless you tap "I agree". I always assumed it was a liability disclaimer saying don't use the NAV while driving.

Back