Hoyty wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:08 pm
I had a 2018 Leaf SV for three years and never had any real issues with head unit or Carplay. Swapped for 2021 about a month ago and have many issues. The head unit has slightly larger screen and other interface differences so I am guessing different model.
1. When having a call or using Siri the voice coming out of speaker breaks up and is choppy. The person on other end can hear fine but in car you can barely understand. It isn't 100% but at least 75%.
If hearing the call works fine but when your phone tries to push another audio stream, it gets choppy, it's a bluetooth interference problem. I've had it happen when driving near places of interference from residential wifi that is broadcasting at illegal power levels. When it happens, check if it seems to happen in the same area or if it is just random.
2. If you receive a call on Microsoft Teams via Carplay the head unit crashes and reboots.
Never used Teams, so a unit crash would probably be a unit issue.
3. If you have phone plugged in and turn off car when you turn car on the radio is automatically on to FM and cannot be controlled for a time while head unit boots.
4. If you have iPhone attached when car is turned on the head unit activates FM radio and is uncontrollable until the head unit boots.
Can't say I've ever seen that behavior on mine, but it is a year old, 2020 model.
5. Sometimes the phone connects in iPod mode rather than Carplay mode and takes several tries to fix.
This happens with my SE 2 and my wife's 12 Pro Max. Neither had issues with the 2018. Is there any kind of updates or patches for head unit software that I can get?
Now that I have seen. I put a shortcut on my head unit for Android Auto and set the unit to "manual" mode for those connection types. That way I can turn it on when I want (or off) without the phone or other weird stuff happening. Not a perfect fix for you, but setting your head unit up for manual mode so you can turn it on and off by one button might solve a lot of those weird startup issues.