Update on Nissan LEAF Battery Replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at your map - there are none in Northern California, and all of the links in SoCal are for home battery sellers. Are they also leaf battery people?

I have a 2011 that is is perfect condition with 34 mile range and would be perfectly happy to pay for a larger pack with full capacity, but it it seems really hard to find.

@harrier From an old post of yours, it looks like you live in Marin County, CA. If you're still living there, you should reach out to jbsocdelica on these forums, who lives in SoCal, as that person recently had a 2011 LEAF upgraded to a 62 kWh pack for $9K

https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27600&p=595314#p595314

jbsocdelica mentions that "Pavel" in LA did the upgrade and also sourced the battery pack. Also mentioned in another post is that "Pavel" is willing to come to you to do perform the upgrades.

MikeinPA said:
Saw this today--it is an after market-module. First after-market module?
If true, I think it would be (not manufactured by Nissan). It certainly looks to be similar in size/shape to the latest generation module (the one in the Gen2 Leaf). One thing's for sure: finding a replacement module was as difficult as doing the work (at least for me)...and this was last year (I think availability has only gotten worse). In fact, I had to purchase a used module (got a good one) because I couldn't get a new one from Nissan!

Stanton,

I am more interested in the arrival of entire sets of modules for the purpose of rebuilding the Leaf packs. Leaf is unusual in that the pack is designed to be fully serviceable; also, in having such a small capacity pack. It is logical to me that a set of new modules in the old can would be a cost effective way to keep these Leaf's on the road. How many nearly expired 2011-2012 machine are out there--just lacking some new modules?

One is advertised local to me right now for $2800 with a 20 mile usable range.

I just sold my 2013 with lizard pack and 104k miles - range was down to about 70 miles. Battery pack replaced 5 years ago at 55k or so under warranty by previous owner. I will likely get a 2017-2019 Bolt with brand new batteries and warranty next

Can we maybe continue/move this aftermarket discussion to another thread? The OP was about purchasing genuine Nissan replacement 24 kWh packs, their price, it being a "lizard" pack, fitment in '11 and '12, etc.

Back