lease to expire in 2022

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvakata

3y in 2019 Leaf SL lease happy so far, one year left and considering paying it out. I have only 30K km, thanks to pandemic and was lucky to got last allowed EV incentive in 2018.

Buy-out price is 14K which makes it no brainer. The only concern - battery degradation.

What is community opinion?

Since you like the car, the main reason to not make the residual payment is if you live in a hot climate. You have posted in the Canada forum though, so the chances of that are less :)

I'm in Vancouver, so in your shoes I would make the payment - $14k CAD is a great deal!

True you have a year to decide. Batteries hold up better than they used to, if you are in Canada I would expect it to hold up quite well for years to come. Also be aware the battery does not just die one day but gradually loses bars (and thus range). I don't expect you to lose your first bar for a bit. If you are worried get an OBDII and LeafSpy and you can see the real battery health next year when you make your decision. Unless you want more range I'd probably buy it if it were me.

Back