My "new to me" 2014 Nissan Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilM

I am recently retired and most of my daily car trips are now only 10-30 miles roundtrip. I have been considering a Leaf and keeping an eye out for Craigslist and Facebook marketplace offers. Last weekend I found a 2014 Nissan Leaf S that I liked and I sprung for it! Odometer is 64,200 miles. 11 bars and Leafspy SOH is 84.0%. AHr = 54.95. It has 0 QC's (I guess that's obvious because the S doesn't have an onboard QC!?!) and 2608 L1/L2's.

According to Carfax its location has ways been Northern California (Santa Rosa area) which is also where I reside.

I hear people talk about GID's. Can you see this on Leafspy?

Thanks!
Neil

Congrats!

It looks like it just recently lost its first capacity bar. You should be able to use the car for quite some time!

QC was part of the optional QC package on the S trim. You may be aware, but S-trim LEAFs without the QC package are limited to 3.3 kW level-2 charging...plan ahead!

I can't get enough of this 2016 S.

LeafSpy will display GIDs. In fact, I think the term GID was coined by the author of LeafSpy so it may be about the only way to display GIDs.

Congrats on the car. It sounds like a perfect fit for you. Enjoy!

goldbrick said:
LeafSpy will display GIDs. In fact, I think the term GID was coined by the author of LeafSpy so it may be about the only way to display GIDs.

Congrats on the car. It sounds like a perfect fit for you. Enjoy!

The GID was named after a man named Gary Gid. Maybe Turbo3 named it, but I'm inclined to think not. I could be wrong.

Wow, thanks for the quick and positive responses! Did you say you think it lost one bar recently because SOH is at at 84%? I think I read that it loses the first bar at 15% loss from new? Is that correct?

PrairieLEAF said:
Congrats!

It looks like it just recently lost its first capacity bar. You should be able to use the car for quite some time!

QC was part of the optional QC package on the S trim. You may be aware, but S-trim LEAFs without the QC package are limited to 3.3 kW level-2 charging...plan ahead!

I can't get enough of this 2016 S.

Yes, I was aware that I am limited with charging! (That is why I still have a truck for longer distance trips and family vacations!)

Another Newbie question.... the vehicle came with both a 110 volt charger and also a 220 volt charger that says "Duosida" on it. Can I assume correctly that the 220 volt charger will be quite a bit quicker?

On a 240v circuit of at least 20a the Dudosa should be about 3x as fast as the OEM 120v 12a Leaf EVSE. Note the Dudosa should also be capable of running off 120v(16a) if you make an outlet adapter, 120v standard male plug, short piece of 12g minimum, quality 3 wire cord and a female plug the same type as is on your Dudosa. Note your outlet will need to have a 20a breaker and #12 wire and be in good working shape but even on 120v you should get around 25% faster charging than the OEM Leaf EVSE.
Note I'm assuming your Dudosa is the very common and cheap 16a model, if not everything will be different.

NeilM said:
Wow, thanks for the quick and positive responses! Did you say you think it lost one bar recently because SOH is at at 84%? I think I read that it loses the first bar at 15% loss from new? Is that correct?

yes, that's correct.

jjeff said:
On a 240v circuit of at least 20a the Dudosa should be about 3x as fast as the OEM 120v 12a Leaf EVSE. Note the Dudosa should also be capable of running off 120v(16a) if you make an outlet adapter, 120v standard male plug, short piece of 12g minimum, quality 3 wire cord and a female plug the same type as is on your Dudosa. Note your outlet will need to have a 20a breaker and #12 wire and be in good working shape but even on 120v you should get around 25% faster charging than the OEM Leaf EVSE.
Note I'm assuming your Dudosa is the very common and cheap 16a model, if not everything will be different.

Thank you! Yes, it is the 16A version. I have a 220 volt outlet in my garage and I can add the correct size outlet for the Duosida charger. I will try it!

NeilM said:

The SOH represents the estimation of the remaining capacity, compared to when the battery pack was new (i.e. 100%).

So, 100% - 16% (capacity loss) = 84% SOH

Back