EV Rebates for Used Leafs / affordability along with 62 kWh battery upgrade ($8800 sample)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@johnnybegoode

Great question.

It really wasn't a big deal.

1) Installer drilled into the frame and installed two metal square 'tubes' (not before painting them with rust free paint);

2) Installer bolted 62 kWh battery onto those two square tubes and other fastening point adding in some extra long bolts in the process.

3) Installer bolted 62 kWh battery as well into other attachments points, slightly modifying / cutting underplastic to fit

4) Installer uses Dala canbus adapter

5) Installation labour included Dala canbus adapter

Note * This did not affect my plans to put in 2" hitch for carrying Ebike

The range is fantastic; I almost wonder if it's better than in the 2019 Leaf (is it because my 2011 is lighter? or am I just imagining?), or maybe it's not better. I do know for certain that I drive the car, often 75 -80+ mph on the 101 freeway in Southern California. I do this with permanent surf racks and usually carrying around a 55lb Ebike

Aloha!

johnnybegoode said:
jbsocdelica said:
Today's number's at some point and a lead food will drop those number's like Galileo tossing his cookies from the Tower of Pisa. Not pretty.

Aloha

How did you get a 62kWh to fit a 2011?

May I know who is the installer?
Is the installer the same people who adapt for battery connectors and paring the battery with the car?

@johnnybegoode
@Alozzy

Yes, this is who I used *but do not reccomend*, the company that Alozzy posted.

Here are the steps that I followed:

1) Contacted that vendor

2) Bought battery from separate source (used strong credit card to protect in case there were mishaps); Installer recommended several battery sources

3) Had the 62 kWh battery delivered to my home

4) Installer came to home

5) Installer used two square tubes to mount to underneath leaf so make up for differences in footprint of new 62 kWh battery

6) Same installer used and provided canbus translator to pair with car

7) Installer was very flakey before, during and after installation, so while he was technically good, he left me waiting numerous time, didn't show up, showed up late, etc.... He's not ready for prime time and has no 'real' address.

8) Whomever you choose, get Dl#, 3 or 4 references and a written agreement

Aloha!

@johnnybegoode

Bought battery from separate source (used strong credit card to protect in case there were mishaps); Installer recommended several battery sources

Aloha

@johnnybegoode

I used a place out of Tennessee that the installer found for me. While, as noted, I do not recommend this installer, if you go that route, contact him for the the latest places and contact information that have both 40 kWh and 62 kWh Nissan leaf batteries.

I believe installer is also sourcing Chinese made batteries for when those are are not available as well.

So at times, you have options.

And I hope you keep us posted about your journey. The more data we have, the better for the Leaf (and e-Car) communities.

Aloha!

Searching for a source of batteries and instructions on how to do the work for replacing my 2013 24KWH battery with a 62 KWH battery.
Any suggestions (URL, telephone numbers)?
Thanks
David

AdventureMuffin said:
Searching for a source of batteries and instructions on how to do the work for replacing my 2013 24KWH battery with a 62 KWH battery.
Thanks
David
Read this thread

AdventureMuffin said:
Thanks
David

https://youtu.be/bY66PGpR7jk

https://youtu.be/AlxzlQgovUA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3g-KhOBoicgOrB4KkMeew

Dear Leafies. Happy V day.

1. yesterday's numbers

2. -- NB: When I'm going about 80 off and on, I'm getting about 155 Miles

Attachments

• 2 13 2021 Leaf Numbers.jpg
    2 13 2021 Leaf Numbers.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 91
Is anyone here trying to bid on a salvage vehicle? We should coordinate so we're not bidding each other up unnecessarily. I would really like to get something locally in Denver so I don't have to deal with shipping.

Are there any good battery sources for either 40 KWh or 62 in the Southeast? I seem to see mostly West coast. :(

Back