Apps: difference between “Nissan EV” and “NissanConnect”?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendan68

First-time poster, in Ireland; thanks in advance for any advice.
I’ve downloaded both of the apps mentioned: Nissan EV is working fine, though it’s more limited than expected. NissanConnect won’t let me in. The apps are extremely uninformative about account creation / registration, but I seem to have managed it for the Nissan EV app but not NissanConnect. Any password I try in there initially leaves the “Login” button greyed out; the workaround is to add a trailing space then delete it again. That activates the button, but I get Authentication Failed even so.
Maybe I’m not missing out on anything anyway? Anyone know whether it shares credentials with the Nissan EV app, and if it has different functionality?

If Nissan EV is working for you, quit while you're ahead. Nissan Connect EV just takes you to the same interface, via a pointless series of logins and sub-menus, all the while trying to sell you a Nissan. And for the last year or so, it doesn't even succeed in opening the EV interface, at least not for me, with Android. It tries to open the interface in a separate tab that Android doesn't seem to "see." You can use it on the website, but you (or at least I) can't use it on a phone. If you prefer glacially slow and non-functioning to fast and easy, though, disregard what I just wrote. ;)

Thanks very much. Sounds like I can keep my life simple by uninstalling NissanConnect.

One other thing, am I right that you can’t set the charger timer through the app, only from the car? Even though you can set the CC timer? It seems an odd omission.

You can set the charge timer through Nissan EV & Services. You have to add the button to the main page of the app, from a list of available buttons. Let me see... It's the "+" button on the bottom right. Some of the buttons are for paid subscribers only, like Valet Service, IIRC.

You can probably delete the Nissan Connect app, but just to play it safe...don't. They may be linked.

Don't know what you guys are doing, but I have been using the "Nissan Connect EV" app for years (iOS version).

In the USA, Nissan Connect is for Nissan's non-electric cars. Nissan Connect EV is the app you want for Leaf. I don't know if Nissan uses the same app names in Europe. I had a problem with the Android version of Nissan Connect EV on my phone for a while--it was working great until I allowed an update. The updated app would appear to open, but then an Android error would pop up and the app would be closed. That version would work on a tablet I could use with WiFi, but not on my phone. Eventually, Nissan offered another update and it has been working fine on my Android phone. I just replaced my old phone with an iPhone and the iOS app also works OK.

I have a new 2020 LEAF (USA) and am using the Nissan EV iOS app. I do not see the capability to set a charge timer. Does it exist in this or any other app? Thanks in advance.

applephan said:
I have a new 2020 LEAF (USA) and am using the Nissan EV iOS app. I do not see the capability to set a charge timer. Does it exist in this or any other app? Thanks in advance.

You can set up charging timers in the menus in the car, but Nissan Connect EV does not have the capability to set charge timers. Connect EV does allow setting the climate control timer.

Back