Hey yall!... glad to meet you all

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GotMonks

New to Leaf.... had a Tesla S, currently selling a 14’ Volt... now moving wife into a 17’ Leaf SL... looking to learn......
My brother works for Nissan, ran VIN all looks good, but noticed, 9 bars, charges to 91-100 miles.... seems off to me....

The range estimator uses just the last few minutes of driving to estimate available driving range, so driving slowly to a parking spot will often produce an inflated estimate like that. We thus call it the "Guess O Meter"...

I'll merge this topic with the New leaf topic tomorrow. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome. While the 17 Leaf is back a few versions in battery tech with the Leaf, looking forward to hearing your experiences with the car given your other ev experiences.

The 2017 comes with an 8 year, 100k mile battery capacity warranty. There is a BMS firmware update that is required for these cars but if your car has had the update and is at 9 bars capacity, then it will probably lose the 4th bar before the warranty expires. Then you get a replacement battery from Nissan under warranty. Currently they seem to be putting 40kWh batteries into the 2017 warranty claims since the 30kWh battery is EOL. No guarantees but you might be in a lucky spot.

Back