What is this button for?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokala

Hi

I just purchased a 2016 30kw Leaf. I noticed a small dull red light below the start button, it turned out to be a button and when I press it, it glows bright red. The light goes off when I turn the car off.

This image shows the button/light inside the red circle.
9nxJcAD.jpg

Does anyone know what this is for?

It doesn't appear to do anything except lights up when pressed but it looks factory because the button in recessed.

Thanks

Every time you press it an EV gets it's batteries. :D

(maybe include a picture; upload it to imgur.com and either get the path to the image as https://i.imgur.com/ZiktzyJ.jpg and put it in a IMG block or use the "... / Get Share Links" and copy the BBCODE link)

ok, so I edited the post to update the image and the post was deleted so lets try this again.

I have a 2016 30kw Leaf. I noticed a dull small red light below the start button. The red light turned out to be a small button that glows bright red when pressed. The light goes out when the car is turned off

9nxJcAD.jpg

Does anyone know what this button/light is for?
It looks factory because the button is recessed into the panel.

Thanks

Hard to tell from your photo, but that looks like a Nissan Leaf Acenta model, in the UK - is that right? If you don't have the owner's manual, then it seems that the UK model owners manual is hard to find online. No idea what that button does, it's definitely not present on my US 2013 SV.

I'm going to guess that this is an aftermarket installation, done by either a professional or a competent amateur. Alarm system? Aftermarket seat heater?

Thanks for the suggestions :D

I'm just hoping, if I press it three times my Leaf disappears!!

Well, I think I'll be pulling the dash apart this weekend and follow the wires.

Back