The 62kWh Battery Topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do daily QC, do you think that might be skewing the numbers? Latest reading at the bottom, screenshot from LeafSpy. I don't baby the vehicle either, charge to 100% semi-daily, QC like crazy, just like I did in my 2013 :lol:
Vehicle is over 1 year old actually, looked at the door sticker, built in March of 2020.

lpG8QV1.jpg

knightmb said:
I do daily QC, do you think that might be skewing the numbers? Latest reading at the bottom, screenshot from LeafSpy. I don't baby the vehicle either, charge to 100% semi-daily, QC like crazy, just like I did in my 2013 :lol:
Vehicle is over 1 year old actually, looked at the door sticker, built in March of 2020.

lpG8QV1.jpg

nice. how many miles?

as far as skewing the numbers? Don't think charging method matters. It does appear that a greater driving demand helps keep SOH higher.

DaveinOlyWA said:
nice. how many miles?

as far as skewing the numbers? Don't think charging method matters. It does appear that a greater driving demand helps keep SOH higher.
+15k as of posting, the 600 mile weekend trip gave it a big Boost before I read the forum. :D

time for an updated battery degradation graph. I changed to a polynomial trendline, SOH 91.24% at 20K. More leveling out

BE6ZMMO.png

umdkevin said:
time for an updated battery degradation graph. I changed to a polynomial trendline, SOH 91.24% at 20K. More leveling out

BE6ZMMO.png

So you have had 2 increases and one Zero adjustment in 2 years. Nice.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Does anyone yet have any insight as to why some batteries flatten at 91% others 93% (my cars included), and one report of a battery staying at 97% (battery lottery winner?)

Good question, though mine seems to have hit an "adjustment" finally, made a jump down to 96%, but I guess still good relativity speaking?

oDyC1zR.jpg

DougWantsALeaf said:
Does anyone yet have any insight as to why some batteries flatten at 91% others 93% (my cars included), and one report of a battery staying at 97% (battery lottery winner?)

Yeah, I do. Don't put too much into the early results. Remember a few weeks ago, I was one of the ones in the 91's... so "flattening" anywhere in the first 2 years is probably not a the best term to use.

SageBrush said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Does anyone yet have any insight as to why some batteries
A very basic introduction to statistics would benefit you greatly

Actually, given the short time of the data sampling interval, about 3-4 months and the randomness of data between vehicles,
one might reference an area of statistics defined by a Stochastic Process. In summary, the data sampling yields
no conclusions attributable to the population of vehicles, i.e. the 62kWh Leaf+ battery.

lorenfb said:
SageBrush said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
Does anyone yet have any insight as to why some batteries

Actually, given the short time of the data sampling interval, about 3-4 months and the randomness of data between vehicles,
one might reference an area of statistics defined by a Stochastic Process. In summary, the data sampling yields
no conclusions attributable to the population of vehicles, i.e. the 62kWh Leaf+ battery.
I thought I just said that.

SageBrush said:
lorenfb said:
SageBrush said:

I thought I just said that.

Just supplemented your post.

Latest quarterly BMS update done on the SV+. Car is exactly 2 years old. Update was -.72% from 93.28% to 92.56% on a YoY perspective, down about 2.1% since ethe May 2020 BMS update. The last 4 updates have been 2 up and 2 down, alternating up and down, up and down. Let's hope August is up.

DougWantsALeaf said:
Latest quarterly BMS update done on the SV+. Car is exactly 2 years old. Update was -.72% from 93.28% to 92.56% on a YoY perspective, down about 2.1% since ethe May 2020 BMS update. The last 4 updates have been 2 up and 2 down, alternating up and down, up and down. Let's hope August is up.

Looks like you will fall in line with everyone else including me. My 18 month update was up, my next one I expect to be even or maybe .25 less, then comes the slower driving season where I expect a down. So we are flipped on the weather but stats are merging anyway.

Back