How to Check Battery Capacity, Degradation and Range

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
binks said:
Ok Ill get another

Try for the first screen that has the multiple line bars, VIN number, SOH at the top. Like this one I have to reference.
9pwXT6u.jpg

Looks great. Maybe even TOO great - it's about what I'd expect to see with a BMS reset from a few weeks ago. I'm not saying that it was reset, just that I'd consider the possibility...

binks said:
SageBrush said:
binks said:
This could get under 9 bars within the warranty window

PT Barnum is winking at you

I didn't mean it like that.

And I didn't explain. If an 8 or 9 bar car meets your needs then paying for extra range does not make good sense. If the lower range does not meet your needs, then you paid for a doorstop to speculate. That is the kind of deal I expect PT to offer.

binks said:
What is under 9 bars? Like 68%?

I think when our 2016 SL at 25K went under 9 bars SOH just a tad under 65%. It went from 9 to 8 bars 3K miles/5 weeks after we purchased it. We got our totalled 2016 to the body shop last Friday and the shop picked up our 2015 parts car that we picked in Washington DC last Dec. Our car was last charged 6 Nov 2020 and the SOH was 96.08. Now 7 months/15 miles later SOH sets at 96.06 per Spy Leaf.

SageBrush said:
binks said:
SageBrush said:
PT Barnum is winking at you

I didn't mean it like that.

And I didn't explain. If an 8 or 9 bar car meets your needs then paying for extra range does not make good sense. If the lower range does not meet your needs, then you paid for a doorstop to speculate. That is the kind of deal I expect PT to offer.

For me it will probably still meet my needs even at 6 bars. Really depends on winter.

I want another EV after getting this one. Not disappointed.

Back