NVH diagnostics - Ultrasonic Leak Detector?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyedrop

I've always been a "crackhead" about cabin noise and do everything I can to make my cars as quiet as possible at highway speeds, and the Leaf is no exception. The car actually has great road noise characteristics for its class, almost as good as a full size luxury sedan. But the wind noise could be better (My wife's Bolt EV is really good about handling crosswinds and no high frequency sounds etc...). Seems it might be possible to match the Bolt by doing a little detective work and some mods?

So Im considering purchasing an ultrasonic leak detector, electronic mechanics stethoscope, or an oil free smoke machine to try and eliminate every little wind intrusion from inside the cabin. But I have no experience with such products, and they are very expensive.

Does anyone have any recommendations for products, as well as any methods to go about fixing issues? Im thinking additional or custom weatherstripping, custom cut foam pieces, careful application of automotive caulking, adding MLV to A pillars to reduce wind rushing sound, etc... But dont want it to be ghetto... And have no idea where the low hanging fruit is on the Leaf.

There is a company that specializes in this called "LeakPro", but they only serve a few small areas across the country. Im in AZ so maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Back