Understanding Lease Offer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2020 Nissan Leaf was my 61st new car purchase since 1970. Only 2 times did I lease. Every other time it was an outright purchase.

I have no hesitancy to shop long distance if the savings make sense. I’ve bought cars from Chicago, Atlanta etc and had them shipped to Florida.

If I were shopping now I’d take advantage of the $7,500 cash back Nissan is offering on a 2021 and purchase so I could get the $7,500 federal tax credit. Then look to negotiate dealer discounts of about $3000-$4000 after any packs or “market adjustment” BS they try to put on the deal.

I realize that I’m in a different position than other buyers because I can pay cash and qualify fir the full $7,500 tax credit. For some leasing many be the only viable option. But buyer beware. There are fees in leases that are not in outright purchase. A $1200 increase in cap cost will drive the monthly payment up $50/mo on a 24 month lease.

Back