Better train your dealership EV techs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GerryAZ said:
Lothsahn said:
GerryAZ said:
The maximum allowable speed setting was lowered by the software update. I think it also lowered the default setting below the maximum allowable. Therefore, there is some benefit to increasing the settings if they are not already set to maximum. I think there are two settings (one while pre cooling and one while in ready mode), but am going from memory. The recall was for 2011, but later cars have the same settings--I paid the dealer to set them to maximum allowable on my 2015. They set the 2011 to maximum allowable after I noticed less effective A/C (after the software update).

A word of caution... My leafs AC system shut down and threw an over temp code when parked in 95F heat for a few hours with the AC on recirc. As the car got hot while sitting, the AC power draw got up to 3kW before shutting off.

Unless you really need it, I would not generally recommend people change this setting. It might damage or wear out the compressor faster.

PS: I have no idea what this setting is set to on my car... but I do see AC power drop lower (~1.5kW) when the car is stopped at a light.

I have used my cars for portable offices with A/C on while parked for extended time in Phoenix and never had the A/C shutdown or had DTCs related to A/C. I suggest you check the condenser/radiator fans for proper operation and that there is nothing restricting air flow.

Note to dsh: I tried to reply to the private message you sent regarding this issue, but could not because you have PMs blocked.

GerryAZ,
I just updated my Private Message preferences to accept PM's. If you could respond again, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

BETTER TRAIN?!? I am on Leaf # 2 and have been bitterly disappointed in the level of service from ANY Nissan dealer in the DFW area. That extends to Nissan USA, too. Had a myriad of setup problems with 21 SV+, no help from dealer or Nissan. Regional rep (Thomas) was useless. Fixed all the flaws through social media. Should have purchased a Tesla or Mach E.

yep, I tried 3 different Nissan dealerships...two of them I know sold Leafs at one point....none had techs that could do the simple annual battery check. Pretty sad! This is my 5th Nissan and probably my last....even though I love the car....I can't stand lack of support.

Back