Disengaging Traction Control

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 24513

Because of where we live, on steep twisty dirt roads that are often slippery, we have to disengage Traction Control in order to make it home whenever roads are icy. On a ten-year-old Juke this happens by pushing one simple button near your left knee- an a 2019 S it means several buttons on the left side of the steering wheel, in the right sequence, at exactly the time that you most need to keep momentum. Nissan: please make turning the Traction Control off something that can be done once and left off - we have NEVER wanted it and have dozens of times had to turn it off. At least make it an intuitive single button.

dmacarthur said:
Because of where we live, on steep twisty dirt roads that are often slippery, we have to disengage Traction Control in order to make it home whenever roads are icy. On a ten-year-old Juke this happens by pushing one simple button near your left knee- an a 2019 S it means several buttons on the left side of the steering wheel, in the right sequence, at exactly the time that you most need to keep momentum. Nissan: please make turning the Traction Control off something that can be done once and left off - we have NEVER wanted it and have dozens of times had to turn it off. At least make it an intuitive single button.

I agree that the single button was much better. You have to do it through the dash now, so as a workaround at least, you can get it into the menu for traction control and just leave it there, then you can turn it on and off on the fly as needed during the drive. Not perfect of course, just a work around.

If anyone ever figures out how to make the disengagement continue after the car is turned off, please let us know!

Back