"Stop Vehicle" message on dash

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyhopper

Everything looked fine this morning until I opened the trunk (before turning on the car). After opening the trunk, the dash came alive and said "Stop Vehicle". I turned the car on and off a couple of times and when turning off it would appear to turn off for a couple of seconds, then come back on with a "visit dealer" message and then "Stop Vehicle" with a picture of a battery. :(
I drove it to work anyway and it drove fine. But, it still had the problem after getting to work. So, I had to take it to the dealer. I'll let you know what they say.

Not an easy fix I guess. They are calling in the Nissan experts and I'll be driving a loaner for the next couple of days. Too bad, as I'm getting the Blink installed on Friday and they said they'd have a camera out there to document the install. Will be kind of anti-climatic without the car....

That bites about the LEAF! Let us know what it ends up being. Hopefully not rain related, or it's gonna get me soon too!
Congrats on getting the BLINK this Friday - hopefully mine will be shortly after your 'Media Event' launch :)

dyhopper said:
Not an easy fix I guess. They are calling in the Nissan experts....

Perhaps it is an issue of technical experience? To one who knows it may prove very easy. That is a realistic hope. Either way, I am certain many here are watching to see how it works out--I sure am.

dyhopper said:
Not an easy fix I guess. They are calling in the Nissan experts and I'll be driving a loaner for the next couple of days. Too bad, as I'm getting the Blink installed on Friday and they said they'd have a camera out there to document the install. Will be kind of anti-climatic without the car....

You might want to let ECOtality know about your car not being there (the representative that contacted you). My install is the one being used for the media event for AZ and they made sure my car will be available. You may also want to verify when exactly they are wanting to do the filming as they chose to film the footage after my unit was installed.

Also, keep us informed on what they find with your car as it might affect some of us later on. Maybe we need to start a sticky thread with discovered issues and the solutions to them.

The "expert" is coming from California and will be here tomorrow afternoon. My Blink install is actually Thursday and is not a media event, as far as I know. He just said they'd have a camera there to record the install. There actually is a big media event next week at my house though. I better have the Leaf back by then! PDXLeafer, I assume you turned these guys down for this event? I can't think of any reason that it would be at my place instead of yours, except maybe I happened to be there when they called.
The problem started this morning after being in a nice dry garage all night, so I doubt it's rain related. But, who knows.

dyhopper said:
The "expert" is coming from California and will be here tomorrow afternoon. My Blink install is actually Thursday and is not a media event, as far as I know. He just said they'd have a camera there to record the install. There actually is a big media event next week at my house though. I better have the Leaf back by then! PDXLeafer, I assume you turned these guys down for this event? I can't think of any reason that it would be at my place instead of yours, except maybe I happened to be there when they called.
The problem started this morning after being in a nice dry garage all night, so I doubt it's rain related. But, who knows.

They were trying to get me to have the media event at my house as well but I declined that and they are arranging for another location to do so. The camera visit is to record some b-roll footage to piece together with the footage from the official media event.

Hey; I'm an old, simple, conservative type of guy; and I'm really beginning to have reservations about this car. I mean--almost every day when I peruse this forum, I read about a new "issue".

If this was a new ICE vehicle, it would probably be classified a pending "lemon" by now. :( :eek:

derkraut said:
Hey; I'm an old, simple, conservative type of guy; and I'm really beginning to have reservations about this car. I mean--almost every day when I peruse this forum, I read about a new "issue".

If this was a new ICE vehicle, it would probably be classified a pending "lemon" by now. :( :eek:

Well, it is a first generation car. I think we all accepted that going in.

But, despite having an issue only 3 weeks in, I can say that I LOVE this car. Having to drive a loaner around (and stop at the gas station) just confirms how great the LEAF is for my situation.

BTW, Beaverton Nissan has been great about working around my work schedule, getting me a decent loaner, etc. even though I didn't buy from them.

mwalsh said:
derkraut said:

I'm doing good with mine - 1500 issue free miles as of now! I keep looking for faults (or the potential for future faults) but I don't come up with any. ;)

Wait til you charge with that new EVSE job and it sends 300V into your charger and blows the entire thing out. It will probably make the clock 20 minutes fast a week and the airbags inflate when you use a charge timer. That's what I think.

EVDRIVER said:
mwalsh said:
derkraut said:

I'm doing good with mine - 1500 issue free miles as of now! I keep looking for faults (or the potential for future faults) but I don't come up with any. ;)

Wait til you charge with that new EVSE job and it sends 300V into your charger and blows the entire thing out. It will probably make the clock 20 minutes fast a week and the airbags inflate when you use a charge timer. That's what I think.

EVDRIVER, do you have any idea how 'straight' a lot of your jokes look to noobs? Learn to use the smiley faces more often, ok? ;)

derkraut said:
I mean--almost every day when I peruse this forum, I read about a new "issue".
Actually, I've not seen any "serious" issues - other than this. What else have you seen ?

gudy said:
this one : http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2746
Yes - probably. But definitely not one "almost every day". I may have seen a total of 3 or 4 one might classify as "serious" at most.

And let's not assume there is a problem with the car- the dead car on the linked discussion could be driver error. Just because my perception was that I was fine, the car computer might say I drove further or faster than I think I did. I am human after all. So no jumping to conclusions. I have one of the first 25 in the US so it is expected that it isn't perfect. I disagree about the ICE comparison. I had the first generation Murano and there were issues as well and no one said to pull it from the market. It is just expected that things are not 100% out the gate.

I have not read one issue that was not fixed promptly and properly the first time at the dealer.
Lemon law would cover a problem that cannot get fixed after several visits.

Well....maybe I over-reacted in my earlier post by using the word "lemon". So, I beg the forum's forgiveness for that. But, after all, I am just an old, VHS/VCR era semi-senile fart.

What the hell's TOU, Carwings, I-phone, Smartphone, and all that stuff? I just want to get in and DRIVE! :oops:

Back