Keeping battery at 20% to 80%?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ElectriCute said:
LeftieBiker said:
Dave, you seem determined to argue vehemently against something (twice, in fact: would you like the duplicate post removed?), but I'm not entirely sure what it is. We are just trying to answer the OP's questions, not brainwash her or force her to do what we do. As for "attacking one truth with another", well, I'm not entirely sure what that means.

I have to laugh when members think I’m a her. I’m a him. 😂😂

I wonder if it’s an assumption based on the name ElectriCute, as in electrocute. I selected that name, but realized some time after that I spelled the name wrong. I should have spelled it, ElectroCute. 😬.

At least you are a good sport about the pronouns, I have to confess though, even though I never worry about the him/her on the forum, my brain does read your name like "electri-cutie" even though I know it's a play on electrocute word, so it does bias one to think that maybe the person is a she instead the default he that us old folk think of. :lol:

Guilty as charged, but in my defense ...

Dolls are hot -- ask any guy
dolls are cute -- ask any girl

knightmb said:
ElectriCute said:
LeftieBiker said:
Dave, you seem determined to argue vehemently against something (twice, in fact: would you like the duplicate post removed?), but I'm not entirely sure what it is. We are just trying to answer the OP's questions, not brainwash her or force her to do what we do. As for "attacking one truth with another", well, I'm not entirely sure what that means.

I wonder if it’s an assumption based on the name ElectriCute, as in electrocute. I selected that name, but realized some time after that I spelled the name wrong. I should have spelled it, ElectroCute. 😬.

At least you are a good sport about the pronouns, I have to confess though, even though I never worry about the him/her on the forum, my brain does read your name like "electri-cutie" even though I know it's a play on electrocute word, so it does bias one to think that maybe the person is a she instead the default he that us old folk think of. :lol:

It’s all good fun. 😂😂

LeftieBiker said:

well this implies you are not a fan of either the 20-80 rule or the charge to 100% advice.

As far as duplicate posts? Why does that happen? I hit submit and get "you can't post again so soon" so I close the page. FYI; I seem to delete dups on a way too regular basis.

ElectriCute said:
LeftieBiker said:

As someone else noted, it's the spelling: it evokes the misreading of the name as "Electricutie." Sorry, and I'll try to remember.

DaveinOlyWA said:
LeftieBiker said:

well this implies you are not a fan of either the 20-80 rule or the charge to 100% advice.

As far as duplicate posts? Why does that happen? I hit submit and get "you can't post again so soon" so I close the page. FYI; I seem to delete dups on a way too regular basis.

If you are posting with your phone, then it's likely a touch screen thing.

LeftieBiker said:
ElectriCute said:
LeftieBiker said:

As someone else noted, it's the spelling: it evokes the misreading of the name as "Electricutie." Sorry, and I'll try to remember.

You’re fine. I find it amusing. 😊

SageBrush said:
Here is the proverbial LEAF abuser example. Try to not act this way:
I quick-charge every day up to 100% because it is free, and then I stick the car in my closed and hot garage until the next day. When I drive, it is pedal to the metal, ALL THE TIME !
heh

Is that a real post from the forum, or a hypothetical?

FWIW,

I've never really babied my battery and so far it's tracking a bit better than the curve chart for warranty replacement. With the lack of timing feature on mine i don't worry about charging to 100% but I won't charge if it's above 80% unless i know i absolutely have to have the range. I've hit the low battery charge warning a bunch of times and turtle mode maybe once or twice after a charger i needed and was relying on didn't work.

I think there's a certain amount of luck involved with how good of a battery you got from Nissan out of the gate and the babying tips are going to help extend the life of the battery - but i wouldn't obsess over it to the point it keeps you from using it like you would another car.

Back