Mods for the Blink EVSE ! (was Fix)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
Valdemar said:
Yup, I'm gong to wait until it happens again, hopefully never :) My wi-fi module stopped working a while back, no charging history for me.
I've always had it plugged into ethernet.

I was not comfortable with the fact they could disable features remotely or shut down the whole unit, so I left it disconnected.

I have one of these blink units and it still works remarkably well (save for its size and the pilgrim-era interface and its 12W carbon footprint).

I plan to unplug the two boards to turn it into dumb mode but I'd like to know what I will lose. If it's just the charging stats etc, I can live without them.

Q1. Does the linux board run the screen interface that programs the sagemon unit inside? At least that is my guess based on all the features of the sagemon.

When I switch to dumb mode:

Q2. Will I be losing the TOU periods I have programmed?

Q3. Will the unit still honor the max Amps setting I set it to before unplugging the boards?

Q4. I've read in some posts that when you switch to dumb mode the unit works for an hour or so before stopping. Has anyone determined why that might be happening?

I am hoping that all the settings will remain in the sagemon, and I can plug those boards back in if I need to change them.

TIA for any insight.

GLInick said:
Q4. I've read in some posts that when you switch to dumb mode the unit works for an hour or so before stopping. Has anyone determined why that might be happening?

I did the lobotomy on mine over a decade ago and never once had that issue. Worse case if it did start happening to you it's easy to reconnect the Linux processor.

Back