Leaf to soldier on beside Arriya in Nissan lineup.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Good morning fellow leaf fans. Found this article. Thought I would share. I kinda like the idea of the leaf continuing on. We still do t need a second vehicle but if we do it would still be our more economical go to.

Cheers.

https://insideevs.com/news/560739/nissan-leaf-coexist-with-ariya/

I think it's very valuable pr to keep both cars in the fleet. I believe many ev interested buyers with go to buy an Ariya and leave with a Leaf. Curious if the Leaf goes ccs in a couple years.

I do wonder if future outside outside Japan and China Leafs will go to CCS soon/at all or if it'll just go away before that happens. Right now, having CHAdeMO in the US is unfortunately, a liability vs. having CCS. (Thanks, EA!)

I'm glad to hear it's not going to die off. But "soldier on" is not going to be good enough once the Fed incentives run out. Nissan will have to update/upgrade the Leaf to sell at full price.

Snargleblarg said:
I'm glad to hear it's not going to die off. But "soldier on" is not going to be good enough once the Fed incentives run out. Nissan will have to update/upgrade the Leaf to sell at full price.

It doesn't need that much to be a great 45 state car. Fix the charge issue, especially with the 40kwh version, add a few more convenience features - and at least an 80% charge option! - and maximize the cargo area, maybe greatly reduce or eliminate the liftover height so that it competes with crossovers in carrying cargo. And electric AWD shouldn't be all that hard to implement, as an option.

https://www.motor1.com/news/541549/nissan-leaf-turns-crossover-2025/

My understanding is they are turning it into a crossover loosely based on the Chill-Out concept vehicle. Since the Ariya is going CCS for the US market I can't imagine them keeping a newly platformed Leaf as Chademo.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with since the Ariya seems fairly impressive in its own right but the flood of EV models is starting and i imagine they are taking a look at what Hyundai/Kia are doing.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out as 2023 LEAF when its announced sometime around mid-year. I am not keeping my hopes high for major changes but one can never know...

OldManCan said:
It'll be interesting to see what comes out as 2023 LEAF when its announced sometime around mid-year. I am not keeping my hopes high for major changes but one can never know...

I would hope there are no changes for sake of changes. Going to CCS combo would make sense. I can see the tweaks between my wife's 2018 and my 2020, so little improvements are cool. I know everyone would love for it to have a TMS, but I would like to see how Nissan did it in the Ariya first. I've seen enough battery break down videos of other manufactures to show the difference between a short term setup (using a bunch of connected hoses that have lots of failure points) and a more expensive, but probably better long term solution such as having all the piping built into the case for cooling, less failure points, etc.

Totally agreed. Besides, if they are going to keep LEAF in the line-up they will need to keep differentiating on the price point. I doubt if they can bring all the bells and whistles to LEAF and yet keep it appealing on the price. They will also be losing the $7500 most likely in 2023 so that will also play a role in the sales of LEAF vs ARIYA.

I texted with a leaf sales person in Victoria yesterday and asked about the lack of leafs in Canada. Was surprised to hear (see) that according to her they are not expecting any 2022 leafs in Canada but are taking orders for the 2023 models which will be arriving in the fall. Not sure what to believe. Sounds...off.

Jmho

Back