2018 (Gen 2) LEAF awards and events.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

Nissan may release some more MY 2018 (or 2019) details in ~2 months at CES:

New Nissan LEAF wins first international award

Best-selling all-electric vehicle is named CES 2018 Best of Innovation winner by Consumer Technology Association

2017/11/09

NEW YORK – The new Nissan LEAF has taken top honors at the CES (Consumer Electronics Show) annual CES Unveiled ceremony, presented by the Consumer Technology Association.

With the announcement of the Best of Innovation award winners for 2018, before a crowd of tech industry experts in New York, the all-new, zero-emission Nissan LEAF won its first major international award. Nissan is aiming for many more to come.

As confirmation of Nissan's leading investment in innovation, the Nissan LEAF 100% electric vehicle with ProPILOT (known as ProPILOT Assist in North America) and e-Pedal technologies took the following honors:

CES Best of Innovation award winner for Vehicle Intelligence and Self-Driving Technology
CES honoree for Tech for a Better World

Each year, the Consumer Technology Association announces its CES Best of Innovation award winners as part of the buildup to the January CES in Las Vegas. Nissan and the association will put on a special display of the new Nissan LEAF at the 2018 show...
https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/release-88c03969de1fb342eeb0a427220063b6-new-nissan-leaf-wins-first-international-award

Car Of The Year 2018

Best Electric Car

Tesla continues to push the boundaries of electric car technology, while the Zoe remains an appealing option for a different reason: it’s cheap enough to be a realistic alternative to petrol or diesel for the masses.

But the new Leaf isn’t much more expensive than the Zoe, and it’s much better to drive, more spacious inside and considerably safer...
https://www.whatcar.com/awards/best-electric-car/2018-overall-winner/nissan-leaf

New Nissan LEAF named World Car of the Year finalist

YOKOHAMA, Japan – The New Nissan LEAF has been named as a top 10 finalist in the prized 2018 World Car of the Year awards.

It was double recognition for the Nissan LEAF, with the new-generation electric vehicle also making the final four in the 2018 World Green Car category...
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/new-nissan-leaf-named-world-car-of-the-year-finalist

Not surprising, but you'll have to wait five years to confirm.

All-new 2018 Nissan LEAF receives ‘Lowest Cost to Own Award’ from Kelley Blue Book

All-new 2018 Nissan LEAF awarded Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com 5-Year Cost to Own Award thanks to its long-term ownership value

CHICAGO –The all-new 2018 Nissan LEAF, the best-selling electric vehicle in the world, has taken home Kelley Blue Book's KBB.com 5-Year Cost to Own Award in the electric vehicle category at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show this week.

The 5-Year Cost to Own Awards honor new vehicles and brands with the lowest projected ownership costs, based on Kelley Blue Book's 5-Year Cost to Own data for new cars for the initial five-year ownership period. It takes into consideration depreciation, expected fuel costs, finance and insurance fees, maintenance and repair costs, and state fees for all new models over the initial five-year ownership period.

The all-new 2018 Nissan LEAF, which went on sale last month, has been completely re-invented for its second generation, combining greater range with a dynamic new design and the latest Nissan technology. The new LEAF embodies Nissan's Intelligent Mobility, featuring technologies such as ProPILOT Assist, e-Pedal, Automatic Emergency Braking and more...
https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/release-1e009dc95d4930ca3ee4179da60104d5-all-new-2018-nissan-leaf-receives-lowest-cost-to-own-award-from-kelley-blue-book

The all-new 2018 Nissan LEAF, which went on sale last month, has been completely re-invented for its second generation, combining greater range with a dynamic new design and the latest Nissan technology.

This is why I give automotive "journalists" the same consideration I give stink bugs: I don't step on them but I also don't pay much attention to them either.

LeftieBiker said:
The all-new 2018 Nissan LEAF, which went on sale last month, has been completely re-invented for its second generation, combining greater range with a dynamic new design and the latest Nissan technology.

This is why I give automotive "journalists" the same consideration I give stink bugs: I don't step on them but I also don't pay much attention to them either.

What is your winner on the TCO front?

LeftieBiker said:
You quoted a PR release from Nissan, not "journalists"...

How prestigious are these awards, actually? My 2012 LEAF had the “World Car” sticker. Seemed a bit kitch to me at the time.

New Nissan LEAF gets 5-star safety rating

The icon of Nissan Intelligent Mobility receives the highest possible grade from the Japan New Car Assessment Program

YOKOHAMA, Japan – The new Nissan LEAF has received a five-star safety rating, the highest possible, from the Japan New Car Assessment Program.

In earning the top grade, the zero-emission LEAF with ProPILOT autonomous technology scored 94.8 points out of a possible 100 for occupant safety in a collision. The program is organized by Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism and the National Agency for Automotive Safety and Victims' Aid.

An icon of Nissan Intelligent Mobility, the new Nissan LEAF comes with a host of advanced safety features. The 100% electric car went on sale in Japan in October 2017 and will be introduced in more than 60 markets around the world.

Safety features that contributed to the new Nissan LEAF's five-star rating include its highly rigid body structure, six SRS airbags, seats with enforced headrests and back frames, and seat belts with pre-tensioners and load-limiting capabilities for the front and rear outboard seating positions.

The new Nissan LEAF also passed the Japan New Car Assessment Program's electric shock protection test. The test gauges how well electric vehicles protect occupants from electric shock in a collision. The car has a highly protective battery case, a layout and body structure that shield occupants from high-voltage parts, and a high-voltage cutoff device that activates in a collision...
https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/release-fb0c7bf8bb480413626614af4103f4cf-new-nissan-leaf-gets-5-star-safety-rating

All-new 2018 Nissan LEAF named ‘2018 World Green Car of the Year’

NEW YORK – The all-new 2018 Nissan LEAF, the world's best-selling electric vehicle, was named the "2018 World Green Car" at the 2018 New York International Auto Show. LEAF is the icon of Nissan Intelligent Mobility, the company's vision for changing how cars are powered, driven and integrated into society.

The first all-electric vehicle to win the World Green Car award since the category's inception in 2016, the 2018 Nissan LEAF has been reinvented for its second generation. Available in showrooms today, the new Nissan LEAF combines greater range1 with a dynamic new design and the latest Nissan Intelligent Mobility features including ProPILOT Assist, e-Pedal, automatic emergency braking and more.

"We're very proud that since Nissan LEAF launched in 2010, we've been able to put more than 300,000 zero-emission electric vehicles on the road worldwide, helping to reduce carbon footprints around the globe," said Daniele Schillaci, Executive Vice President, Global Marketing and Sales, Zero Emission Vehicle and Battery Business; Chairman of Management Committee for Japan/A&O (Japan, Asia, Oceania Business); Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.,. "We're honored to be recognized by this esteemed jury and proud to continue to expand the vision of Nissan Intelligent Mobility."

The 2018 Nissan LEAF rose to the top among a list of five initial category entries and was the stand-alone EV in the running. Jurors considered the vehicle's overall environmental impact including tailpipe emissions and fuel consumption upon selecting the overall winner.

The previous-generation Nissan LEAF was named "World Car of the Year" in 2011 and remains the only pure electric vehicle to win that award in its 14-year history.
https://newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/release-a5d7a7e6069e7a4eaa0dad3c36003712-all-new-2018-nissan-leaf-named-2018-world-green-car-of-

Stumbled across https://www.sae.org/news/press-room/2019/04/kia-stinger-and-nissan-leaf-winners-of-inaugural-j.d.-power-engineering-awards-at-sae-international-world-congress-experience from 2019.
The Nissan LEAF won the J.D. Power Engineering Award for Highest-Rated Vehicle Redesign. This award is presented to the engineering team responsible for the highest-rated vehicle redesign for the 2018 Model Year. This award also is based on consumer evaluations from the Initial Quality StudySM and the APEAL StudySM, and is for the 2018 Model Year vehicle that is furthest ahead of its predecessor.

“These awards are based on feedback directly from customers who bought the vehicles,” said Doug Betts, senior vice president of global automotive at J.D. Power. “That’s something that should bring great pride to our award recipients. It’s about understanding what customers are saying and why they're saying it, then trying to engineer a product that will really answers their needs.”

Back