"Destination out of range" message needs work

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSurferDude

The "destination out of range" is, kindly put, not accurate.

Please look at my picture https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wdchT5DOb_NyoKH25gDSnO1s1K_sMcTx/view?usp=sharing. It shows the message, it shows that my destination is 0.3 miles away, and my LEAFspyPro app shows that I have 15.7 kWh remaining. I'm pretty sure I am getting betting than 0.02 Miles/kWh

The Service Department of the dealership that sold me the car seriously gaslighted me on this. Really doesn't instill much confidence.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

OSD

The algorithm that calculates out of range changed sometime in 2019. I almost always get the message when traveling the 120 miles between our house and our cabin if range is less than 240 miles. At highway speeds I arrive with usually 90 miles remaining.

I don’t understand how the car calculates out of range.

It did the exact same thing with our 2019 SL+ and our 2020 SL+ Initially the 2019 didn’t do this until they changed the radio for other reasons. Then the new radio display software created this issue.

Flyct said:
The algorithm that calculates out of range changed sometime in 2019. I almost always get the message when traveling the 120 miles between our house and our cabin if range is less than 240 miles. At highway speeds I arrive with usually 90 miles remaining.

I don’t understand how the car calculates out of range.
It is calculating the distance to the destination and the distance back to the starting point, basically doubling the mileage of any one-way trip. We are still trying to figure out if this behavior can be disabled or if it is hard-coded into the software. :x

Back