How to reset AV (Audio Visual) & Navigation unit ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ego

Hi,

I did 12v battery maintanance.. Leaf was giving me all sorts of errors that are now fixed. But I think the AV / Navigation unit went crazy while I tried to figure what is wrong during low 12v battery situation taht I had no clue of. (I had Airbag, Brake, PS leds all up and no Lithium battery connection and only 12v, with all attempts to start normally, as symptoms on display.)

So now the 12v is ok, I get no warning leds on dashboard and Lithium main battery connects fine and driveing is possible.

But the AV / Navigation unit is in FM mode, the buttons (multifunction switch) beside 7'' AV/Nav screen dont work at all.
Nothing happens If I push any of them (Menu/Seek/Vloume etc.). The below AC/Climate buttons work perfectly. In nightmode the m.f. switch buttons have night lights working tho, but clicking makes nothing happen even then.

So I have tried to disconnect 12v neutral again and wait.
ON, then OFF. Waited 1 minute, disconnected 12v, waited 3min, reconnected. AV/Nav side buttons aka m.f. switch buttons still dont work.
AV/Nav screen is still stuck on FM radio mode.. touch screen still works, but no way to change mode. Wheel volume buttons work, but no sound via FM radio as before.

So I have tried to disconnect AV/Nav unit power.
In front of battery I saw a fuse box, inside the lid case I found "AUIDO" fuse, its with "20" mark first in row of similar tiny fuses.
I pull this fuse out. I start Leaf - everything starts but not the 7'' LCD screen, so AV/Nav indeed was unpowered.
I put the fuse back. I start Leaf again - still same situation.. 7'' LCD stuck in FM radio mode and sidebuttons not working.

There I found manuals:
https://carmanuals2.com/brand/nissan/leaf-2013-373
I checked "Audio Visual System (Section AV)" manual
I try searching reboot/reset/defaults, but find nothing useful.
Page AV-345 .. I found...

But I have no idea what to do with those connection numbers.. like where are they?

So how to properly factory reset or soft reboot the damn AV/Nav thing to get it unstuck, I want my buttons working again.

ego said:
Hi,

I did 12v battery maintanance.. Leaf was giving me all sorts of errors that are now fixed. But I think the AV / Navigation unit went crazy while I tried to figure what is wrong during low 12v battery situation taht I had no clue of. (I had Airbag, Brake, PS leds all up and no Lithium battery connection and only 12v, with all attempts to start normally, as symptoms on display.)

So now the 12v is ok, I get no warning leds on dashboard and Lithium main battery connects fine and driveing is possible.

But the AV / Navigation unit is in FM mode, the buttons (multifunction switch) beside 7'' AV/Nav screen dont work at all.
Nothing happens If I push any of them (Menu/Seek/Vloume etc.). The below AC/Climate buttons work perfectly. In nightmode the m.f. switch buttons have night lights working tho, but clicking makes nothing happen even then.

I think whatever you did between "tried to figure what is wrong during low 12v battery situation that I had no clue of" and replacing the 12v battery fried your head unit (at least the "brains" of it). Pulling the 12v power is about the same as pulling the audio fuse, so you've already "rebooted" the unit; once you've gotten into the manual/diagnostic procedure, you may as well take it to the dealer...who will probably just replace the head unit.
Don't shoot the messenger.

The whatever I did " was in the salong " .. switched off airbag, tried ON/OFF. I doubt this fires anything. I also "looked" at the brake fluid level, it was ok. But WHEN the 12v is low and you get anomalies on dashboard etc... ON/OFF function sometimes didnt turn AV/Nav unit on, I think it lacked proper power at some times.. and this I think somehow froze the AV/Nav system.

I finally found the issue, I had misplaced a fuse while checking them.
At the left of steeringwheel fuse compartment had actually on the cover of the compartment description for every fuse - i didnt notice this before.
And there is an empty slot and then Audio/Mirror fuse.. I had placed the Audio/Mirror fuse to the empty slot - silly me.
I had car turned on while putting this fuse back - and buttons and also mirror controls that I didnt notice didnt work before also started working.

But it's still a mystery on how to rebood AV/Nav unit if the buttons actually do malfunction.. service manual had only replacement instructions. I heard it should be Windows Car (ARM maybe) computer.. I guess the computer has internal battery also.. or flash memory witch saves last state always.. or smthng.

Hello! I am also wondering how to reset it. I understood that the touchscreen is the model Clarion NX702, I looked for this model in internet and I found that the NC702E includes a remote control and also a reset button… I am wondering if both ( remote control and reset button ) are applicable to the Nissan Leaf? Thank you, MLM

Back