ABG: 2022 Nissan Leaf gets big price cuts across the board

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
johnlocke said:
Triggerhappy007 said:
johnlocke said:
Just saw a really cheap lease offer. $89/mo, 24 mo lease. there's a kicker though. $5140 initial payment and 10000 mi/yr limits. 2022 S. Same deal on an SV $150/mo or $200/ on a SL if I got the configurator right.
I see $1449 initial payment.

https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/electric-cars/leaf/deals-incentives-offers.html
I see the changes. The cheap lease now only applies to the S, not the S+ , SV. or SL. The initial payment has changed as well. Different day, different rules. $3585 for a two year lease is a bargain if you can live with the S. About $150/mo.
Nissan is taking about 1/2 of the federal tax credit. In two years Nissan may be in the sunset phase of the credit so there is some rationale for their behavior although I think that car coming off lease will be dirt cheap at auction. Particularly so if Nissan in the meantime has migrated the LEAF to CCS. Imagine owning the last year of LEAF with CHAdeMO. The depreciation is going to be spectacular.

SageBrush said:
Imagine owning the last year of LEAF with CHAdeMO. The depreciation is going to be spectacular.
I think it might depreciate like how the 17s are compared to the 18s or less. There will always be someone that needs a commuter car that has a 150-220 mile range and never ever need to QC.

The lack of ccs seems like a miss to me.

We have a 2020 sv off lease in October buy out around $18k. I had planned on buying out given the state of the car market, although buying a new 22 for $30k with another $9k or so in credits is obviously a better idea if one could be found.

Back