Level 2 charging speed too slow

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tov

Hi I live in Danmark and own a 62 kW Nissan Leaf from 2020. I have a EVCE equipped with 3 phases 230 volt 32 amp. I know the Leaf only uses one phase. I expect the Leaf to charge with 27.5 amp but it is only charging with præcise 20.0 amp. My EVCE can deliver 32 amp. Can anyone tell me why the Leaf can not charge with 27.5 amp?

Is the SOC% of the battery very near the top, >95%? that's all I can think of. When the battery is almost full the charging speed starts to drop significantly.

Hi. SOC is 100. Isen't SOC abort the health of the celles? No damaged cells. When the capacity of current is love you should expect fuld charging speed. But it is 20.0 amp!

Welcome. Please check your spelling and translations, so we know the situation better. What jjeff is saying is that above about 96% the charging will slow so the car properly balances the cells without damaging them. Is charging speed normal at lower states of charge?

Tov said:
Hi. SOC is 100. Isen't SOC abort the health of the celles? No damaged cells. When the capacity of current is love you should expect fuld charging speed. But it is 20.0 amp!
SOC% is state of charge, SOH% is state of health and tells you about the health of the cells. I don't understand your last part.

The two easy explanations have been offered: cold battery, or high SoC.

If not one of those, consider charging a different EV at your EVCE and your EV elsewhere to narrow down the possibilities.

Good Luck !

The Leaf can charge at 27.5A. I suspect your EVSE limits the current when using a single phase.

How do you know it is only taking 20A?

Back