OVMS usage on my 2017 30kWh Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

downsjh

I recently received the OVMS module with the 4g modem. This is a new to me 2017 leaf, and I was unable to use the Nissan EV connect system since it is going obsolete.

I was able to get the auto stop charge at 80% working with the latest OVMS firmware release in January 2022. I am able to start/stop AC/heat while charging, I can lock/unlock doors.

I purchased for the auto stop charge, living in the Tucson AZ heat, I’ll need to be very careful to charge when cool and not overcharge. I’m at 80% SOH before going thru a AZ summer.

Good to know, I have a 2016 Leaf SL and I found only two videos on you tube on OVMS installations. One was very confusing and the other one was more informative but for a Kia. How difficult was this to install. DId you have to take apart the glove box?

Yes, I removed the glovebox to disconnect the TCU.

I was lazy with the install of the OVMS. I routed the OBD cable thru the small gap in the center console behind the tray, and just placed the box behind the side panel on the left side of the passenger foot area ( I was missing a clip, so it was already loose).

Please post any OVMS related info in the thread I started for that topic (https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=32715).

Back