While chademo is looking bleak long term, it's still growing almost as fast as ccs right now

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gcrouse said:
With the Leaf probably going away before I'm ready to tackle another car note I might actually consider something like the Kandi K27 if they can show the company isn't a fraud and that the battery won't be a warranty nightmare and it's not a death trap. (I can probably make do with a laughable 59 mile range when the price after federal and state incentives makes it a $6k car) but I'd really rather see more EVs at the current Leaf price point and mileage. I know I'm certainly in the minority with the viewpoint

Kandy is literally all the things you mentioned and k27s are for sale now as NEVs
No tax credit for you on a $10000 car that is likely an orphan

Related to a previous post, https://shop.tesla.com/product/ccs-combo-1-adapter is now officially out in the US. It will mechanically fit the 3 and Y w/o damaging the car (is wonky for the S and I think X) but the car needs to also have CCS1 hardware.
CCS Combo 1 Adapter
$250
See if this accessory is compatible with a car in your Tesla Account Sign In
Sign in to add to cart
In order to be eligible to purchase this product, you must be a Tesla vehicle owner. Sign in to your Tesla account to which your vehicle is registered to verify your ownership status.

Description
Expand your fast charging options with the Tesla CCS Combo 1 Adapter. The adapter offers charging speeds up to 250kW and can be used at third-party charging networks.
The CCS Combo 1 Adapter is compatible with most Tesla vehicles. Some vehicles may require a retrofit to enable use of the CCS Combo 1 Adapter. Sign in to your Tesla account to check compatibility.
Note: For vehicles requiring a retrofit, please check back in early 2023 for availability.
CCS Combo 1 Adapter will begin shipping within two weeks of order placement.

Back