Leaf wheel questions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220316_171719.jpg

20220316_171712.jpg

20220316_171353.jpg

That's the front grill and fog lights covered I also flipped the mudguards around and I made some wheel covers out of coreflute/coroplast but don't have them on atm they were held on with double-sided tape.

I see; thanks. Not that bad . . . helps being black.

Mine is white and I've considered covering the foglight 'recesses' with either clear or white Racer's Tape.

Was the efficiency gain of your changes measured using some testing method?

I often find that the effects of weather conditions on efficiency make it difficult to quantify the impact of a modification.

Yeah that is true I mean you could probably do all white tape and stuff wouldn't be too bad it's actually pretty descrete some people don't even notice until I point it out. We'll I only tested by comparison of with or without but noticed I was getting around 10-20km more my leaf has a low soh at around 63%soh so when I first got it I could only do around 70km/43miles to about 30% battery on leaf spy then I pumped tyres from 32psi to around 41psi removed rear seats and was then getting around 80km/49miles to 30% then the aero mods and could get 90km/56miles to 30% doing the same route mostly highway and some residential driving. I can feel the difference at speed the car seems to cut through the wind easier I feel less of those pushing wind moments when I first got the car the highway would absolutely kill its speed needing more throttle, whereas now it seems to glide alot easier if that makes sense. I've taken passengers who own same model leaf and they even notice from passenger seat.

Update: Enkei Racing RPF1 16 x 6 wheels and ECOPIA EP422 PLUS tires 205/60-16.
Just wanted to share that the new wheel set has improve my range by one mile per kW or about 19 miles. I run these tires at 45 lbs. The investment has been worth it to me.
Nice job on squeezing every last mile out of you ride! It looks interesting but with grandkids in the back seat, I need to leave it in.
Maybe some day...

Back