OVMS door lock issue

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismoman240sx

I recently installed OVMS on my 2015 Leaf. It took a bit of fiddling, but I have almost everything working properly now. There seems to be one thing that's odd about it and I can't find a solution. The remote door lock function does not work. And if the HVAC is running, and you try to unlock the doors, it turns the HVAC system off. If you are in the Shell and watching the messages come through, it looks like there's some sort of issue with the command that's being sent when you tell it to unlock the doors. Does anyone else have this issue? I've posted on the OVMS forums, but there's not much activity over there.

nismoman240sx said:
I recently installed OVMS on my 2015 Leaf. It took a bit of fiddling, but I have almost everything working properly now. There seems to be one thing that's odd about it and I can't find a solution. The remote door lock function does not work. And if the HVAC is running, and you try to unlock the doors, it turns the HVAC system off. If you are in the Shell and watching the messages come through, it looks like there's some sort of issue with the command that's being sent when you tell it to unlock the doors. Does anyone else have this issue? I've posted on the OVMS forums, but there's not much activity over there.
It would help to know if you are using the Android or iOS version of the app (because the "car" screen is very different between the 2).
I use the iOS version, and the "car" (graphical) interface is not reliable for either HVAC or door lock/unlock (green/red icon). I can monitor/confirm the doors are locked (or not), but I use the "message" section for both of these functions.
The iOS version also doesn't display tire pressures, but you can retrieve them with a simple command on the "message" screen.

I'm using the Android version of the app. All other functions seem to work fine and the door lock status as well as door opening and HVAC status's all update promptly and accurately.

When I'm logged onto the OVMS and watch the Shell log, I can see the car is receiving a command, but it appears the command isn't correct as it looks like there are errors and then it times out.

I also own a 2015 24KWh Nissan Leaf and I have exactly the same problem as you have described. I hope it can be solved 🙏

Did anyone found a solution?
When I press lock or unlock sometimes. I get FAIL and sometimes I get OK but nothing happen.
Also, where do I set the PIN for it?

HVAC works ok.

Thanks

vedranius said:
Did anyone found a solution?
When I press lock or unlock sometimes. I get FAIL and sometimes I get OK but nothing happen.
Also, where do I set the PIN for it?
Per my post above: I use the iOS version, and the "car" (graphical) interface is not reliable for either HVAC or door lock/unlock (green/red icon). I have never used the PIN and I'm not even sure it ever worked. Remember, OVMS is "open source", and most development is done gratis...so there isn't a lot of end-user support.
Please post OVMS questions in this thread (https://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=32715), so others can benefit.

Back