Are You using D or B when drive ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find that for most hills, D-Eco is best, with B mode reserved for the steepest ones because I find that it actually slows the car down on most hills. I only use e-Pedal for stop & Go traffic.

For years I used B mode, in both my 2017 S and now my 2015 SV, neither of which have an e-pedal. I did so because I prefer the behavior of it being more like a manual transmission car -- I lift my foot, and it slows.

But I've decided I really want the brake lights, so recently I've been using D and the brake pedal. I'm getting used to it.

You could try getting a pair of bicycle taillights with braking sensors, and put them in the rear window for B mode driving. I don't know how legal that would be, though.

e-pedal all the time in city/suburban driving (NOT with ProPilot) - takes some getting used to - to modulate properly. However, well worth the effort - especially at stop signs. Only drawback for me is when switching back to my Suburban :mrgreen: .

I use D. When I first got my car (2022 SV) back in December of 2021 I was using the e-Pedal a lot. I was trying to see how much 1-pedal driving I could do. But it felt unnatural to me. Yes, it was great in bumper-to-bumper congestion on the highway. But after sometime of that and not getting used to it, I just went back to D for the majority of the time. It feels "better" to me. But then I'm used to ICE car driving for over 40 years. My 2022 Leaf is my first ever EV car. I still plan to use e-Pedal and maybe try out B as well in stop n go traffic, but most of my driving is not in those conditions.

Thanks,
--jan

I often use "B" in my 2022 SV+ around town because it is easier to make fine adjustments to my speed to match traffic conditions. "D" for steady highway driving.

Back