Are there 2022 leafs for sale in the US?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triggerhappy007 said:
DougWantsALeaf said:
I have seen a couple reports of Leaf supplies increasing in some areas. Chip shortage/Car bubble ending?
No, still chip shortages with other companies. They will stop taking orders for the Mach-E on Feb 11th. I think 8 of Ford's plants are on hold for a week or more.

No more shipments of Leafs to the DFW area since December. My BIL bought an SV Plus for $36k OTD last month.

Interesting. I wonder if I should put mine up for sale. lol

There are quite a few coming in March in Connecticut
I should be picking up a gun metal leaf next week.
I have a choice between gun metal and silver. What do you guys suggest? Have not seen one in real life yet but from the pictures I like black but there are none.

I dislike the "gun metal" color which is a dark grey. I much prefer silver. I dislike black as it's too hard to keep it looking clean. I always avoid those cars.

BeyondBeLeaf said:
I'm also a little disappointed with the cost per mile. I think I've logged about 900 miles thus far and the charging station I've been using has already charged me about $120 since I started charging. My full-sized Titan would give me about 450 miles in range for about $80, so I'm not seeing the kind of savings that I had hoped I would.
Bad use case for EVs: I don't consider that typical.

OldManCan said:
I almost exclusively charge at home and my total estimated cost of charging for 3900 miles of driving is about $80 so far.
Good use case for EVs: this is what I tell prospective EV owners.

Another extreme case: I charge for free (apartment provides free L1/L2)...so it's all a matter of perspective!

Stanton said:
Another extreme case: I charge for free (apartment provides free L1/L2)...so it's all a matter of perspective!

Free is best! Many folks also get this at their workplace which is great

cwerdna said:
I dislike the "gun metal" color which is a dark grey. I much prefer silver. I dislike black as it's too hard to keep it looking clean. I always avoid those cars.

I like the "gun metal" color, but dislike the name :D I call it dark gray. That said, I really wanted the red or the blue color, but I'm very happy that I was able to buy a "dark gray" 2022 SV + Tech pkg car without waiting or ordering. Got to buy off the lot.

Same situation as jsteve - and very happy with the results. The gray and black finishing are quite complementary.

Being a hobby gun enthusiast and about the only pragmatic method of hog control on my rural property, no problem with the name - except it is certainly not the color of a gun's "bluing" finish :mrgreen:

goldbrick said:
I wonder if they are selling quickly or Nissan just can't make them.

Both, last I talked to a Nissan HQ person, a lot of dealers are back-ordered to August of this year. New vehicles arrive on the lots every week, but they are already sold and each dealership gets maybe 5 or 6 per week (that order them custom for the customer), so production for it is maxed in Smyrna.

The only thing being made is Plus versions of every trim level, no one is ordering a 2022 without it. I thought that tidbit was interesting. Anything else you find is old inventory being passed around at higher and higher cost among a lot of dealerships. This is in TN anyway, not sure what happens outside of the state, country, etc. Anyone that orders a Leaf now from a dealership is actually going to get a 2023 model instead of a 2022 model just because of that backlog. If anyone knows someone on this forum or friend that actually works in the Smyrna Plant, they may have some better info than the execs I always interact with at HQ.

Just saw the 2023 model announcements. Seems like they will be simplifying the line and making only 2 trims. S (40 kWh) and SV+ (62 kWh). Not much changing other than some cosmetics.

Edit : sharing the link in case some may have missed this news

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2023-nissan-leaf-update-simplied-lineup/

OldManCan said:
Just saw the 2023 model announcements. Seems like they will be simplifying the line and making only 2 trims. S (40 kWh) and SV+ (62 kWh). Not much changing other than some cosmetics.

Edit : sharing the link in case some may have missed this news

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2023-nissan-leaf-update-simplied-lineup/

That seems to make sense. The only thing the SL every got you was Leather seats and maybe all the "packages" that you could put on the others for a separate charge. Since the S trim will be without the heat pump, that should give it a little bump to the range and coupled with the Federal rebate, makes it a good starter EV with enough range for any city living person to find useful. The SV+ will be the longest range version of the Leaf and I guess you can just throw all the "packages" in you want to give it Leather seats or Sonar Parking, etc. That should help to close the feature and price gap at least. Right now SL trims command a premium on the Used Leaf prices because of the "it's got everything" idea.

The pictures were nice, looks exactly like the inside of mine. Everything looks nice when brand new I suppose. :lol:

Back