Lead accessory battery replacement issues

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicolett said:
How much usually cost a battery replacement on Leaf?
There are different types of starter (12v) batteries available: prices can range from <$100 (lead acid) up to $500 (Lithium). For example, you can Google the battery type mentioned in the post directly above yours for prices; you can also go to a place like NTB and ask for pricing.
The key thing to remember with the Leaf (or really any EV) is: it doesn't take a lot of "power" (AHr rating) to start it; I have had a 20 AHr LiFePO4 battery in my Leaf for years (see sig)...and have never been stranded (or had to replace it).

Nicolett said:
How much usually cost a battery replacement on Leaf?

12V battery has been covered. If you're wondering about the main high voltage battery the cost starts at about $8000 and goes up from there.

lebikerboy said:
I bought a Moseworth through Aliexpress. We had purchased another for our smart fortwo a year and a half ago and it's been flawless.

Which one? Can you post a link?
I did a quick look on AliExpress and there seem to be a whole bunch of similar moseworth. Hey, at least the auto batteries, also quoted fairly stiff shipping charges, like 75 or more.
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-moseworth.html

Back