Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reswanso welcome!
I just picked mine up today. Gun Metal SV plus.
I just drove 60miles home from the dealership.
I was actually pleasantly surprised, the car drives well and it lots of fun with the e-pedal.
It actually makes me drive a bit more aggressively, but I think my tires will wear quick with the .2 g force of the e-pedal on the front wheels
I just traded in my GTI which hopefully I wont miss too much

My first LEAF, a 2012, is probably somewhere in this order detail thread. I'm trading that one in on a new 2022 SV Plus, which should be here in about a month, mid-to-late May 2022, according to the dealer.

Hello, I am about to buy 2018 model 40kwh Leaf imported from Japan. My only hesitation is that I live in Cyprus and the air temperature rises up to 45 degrees in summer here. I hope I don't have any problems.

Gurkut said:
Hello, I am about to buy 2018 model 40kwh Leaf imported from Japan. My only hesitation is that I live in Cyprus and the air temperature rises up to 45 degrees in summer here. I hope I don't have any problems.

Is 45 Celsius a high for only one day in summer or many days? And do you have access to shaded/covered parking? Parking in the shade, even where it gets up to 50 Celsius and above helps.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
Gurkut said:

Is 45 Celsius a high for only one day in summer or many days? And do you have access to shaded/covered parking? Parking in the shade, even where it gets up to 50 Celsius and above helps.

40-45 degrees happens almost every day. I'll really have to call for shadow parking. My wife will use the car to go to work 50 Km away and I don't think there is a parking lot there. I'm hoping maybe she can find some shade under the tree.

I'm a little late posting this, but I traded my 2012 LEAF for a 2022 SV Plus. Ordered 4/15/2022, delivered 6/4/2022. I really like what Nissan has done with the LEAF over the past 10 years! Every change is an improvement.

I cut a deal on a 2023 SV Plus, trading in my 2020 SL Plus with 16,000 miles and 94% SOH. . Both gray.

$8,123.91 plus my car out the door. So after $7,500 tax credit my net cost will b $623.91. Not bad for a 3 model year newer car with fresh battery and fresh warranty.

New car was originally scheduled for delivery 9/23, then changed to 10/6, then changed to 10/11.

We just got hit here in Florida with Hurricane Ian and roads are a mess due to flooding. The dealer is 150 miles from home and roads are a mess, so the delay may give time for road flooding to recede.

Flyct said:
I cut a deal on a 2023 SV Plus, trading in my 2020 SL Plus with 16,000 miles and 94% SOH. . Both gray.

$8,123.91 plus my car out the door. So after $7,500 tax credit my net cost will b $623.91. Not bad for a 3 model year newer car with fresh battery and fresh warranty.

New car was originally scheduled for delivery 9/23, then changed to 10/6, then changed to 10/11.

We just got hit here in Florida with Hurricane Ian and roads are a mess due to flooding. The dealer is 150 miles from home and roads are a mess, so the delay may give time for road flooding to recede.

That’s a fantastic deal! Were they really hurting for a used car? I traded my 2015 Leaf for a 2020 SV Plus back in April ‘21 just prior to the car crunch. I only have 7k miles on it but I’ve been wondering if I could swing any deal like you just got. My strategy has always been to buy late model but yours isn’t even built! Any tips?

iminsandiego said:
Flyct said:

That’s a fantastic deal! Were they really hurting for a used car? I traded my 2015 Leaf for a 2020 SV Plus back in April ‘21 just prior to the car crunch. I only have 7k miles on it but I’ve been wondering if I could swing any deal like you just got. My strategy has always been to buy late model but yours isn’t even built! Any tips?

Tips? First I found that there are no Leaf’s in stock at any dealers. Several have inbound units and most o those already have deposits on them. It’s a crazy market.

This is what I did.

Do your shopping via phone, text and email and be prepared to walk away if the numbers don’t meet your requirements.

Then Go to www.nissanusa.com and search inventory for 250 mile range at https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tools/search-inventory Contact dealers with cars you would be interested in and verify it’s available and theres no prior deposit on it. If it’s available for pre purchase ask for an out the door price with your car as a trade. Get it in writing. Be prepared with pictures of your car, mileage, vin number etc to send to them via text or email for them to make a trade in offer.

I had offers ranging as high as $15,000 down to $8,100 plus my car. The $15k guy wouldn’t budge. Most added lots of expensive BS mandatory option packages. The local Autonation Nissan dealer had the best out the door offer. Once you get out the door offer in writing give them a deposit with a credit card with fully refundable in writing. Then wait.

Flyct said:
Tips? First I found that there are no Leaf’s in stock at any dealers. Several have inbound units and most o those already have deposits on them. It’s a crazy market.

This is what I did.

Do your shopping via phone, text and email and be prepared to walk away if the numbers don’t meet your requirements.

Then Go to www.nissanusa.com and search inventory for 250 mile range at https://www.nissanusa.com/shopping-tools/search-inventory Contact dealers with cars you would be interested in and verify it’s available and theres no prior deposit on it. If it’s available for pre purchase ask for an out the door price with your car as a trade. Get it in writing. Be prepared with pictures of your car, mileage, vin number etc to send to them via text or email for them to make a trade in offer.

I had offers ranging as high as $15,000 down to $8,100 plus my car. The $15k guy wouldn’t budge. Most added lots of expensive BS mandatory option packages. The local Autonation Nissan dealer had the best out the door offer. Once you get out the door offer in writing give them a deposit with a credit card with fully refundable in writing. Then wait.

Sounds good. This is basically how I bought my last two Leafs but that’s when there was a lot of inventory with dealers trying to move older cars. It took me a couple months and a tons of emails and texts. I used my google voice number and a spammable email address. I had to drive 140 miles for my last purchase. I didn’t figure anyone would deal when they don’t even have it on the lot. But you give me hope so maybe I’ll go have some fun :)

iminsandiego said:
Sounds good. This is basically how I bought my last two Leafs but that’s when there was a lot of inventory with dealers trying to move older cars. It took me a couple months and a tons of emails and texts. I used my google voice number and a spammable email address. I had to drive 140 miles for my last purchase. I didn’t figure anyone would deal when they don’t even have it on the lot. But you give me hope so maybe I’ll go have some fun :)

I just did some research and if I could pay MSRP, it would be $40k after taxes to get my exact car, but 3 years newer. Carmax will pay $30k for my vehicle right now. So, it was looking good that I could basically trade up for about $500 when accounting for federal and state incentives. Unfortunately, I'm ineligible for another CA rebate. Not only that, but CA will claw back my previous rebate if I don't keep my car for 30 months. Maybe the recession will bring deals or other EV incentives I will be eligible for.

iminsandiego said:
iminsandiego said:

I just did some research and if I could pay MSRP, it would be $40k after taxes to get my exact car, but 3 years newer. Carmax will pay $30k for my vehicle right now. So, it was looking good that I could basically trade up for about $500 when accounting for federal and state incentives. Unfortunately, I'm ineligible for another CA rebate. Not only that, but CA will claw back my previous rebate if I don't keep my car for 30 months. Maybe the recession will bring deals or other EV incentives I will be eligible for.

Carvana offered me $31,578 and dealer offered $33,500 sight unseen. Plus trading in saved sales tax since with trades in Florida you only pay sales tax on difference. That saved $2,000 in sales tax by trading.

I’m only eligible for federal tax credit, no stare tax credit in Florida.

First time Leaf owner (or any EV, for that matter).

Just bought the 2023 S model for $995 under MSRP, but with a handful of extra dealer charges (tint, nitrogen, wheel locks, Resistall fabric warranty, etc) + doc fee, and that brought the total price to $30,969 prior to sales tax.

This seemed to be a case of them wanting to move a car before the year was over--don't think it's all that common to get a LEAF under MSRP right now...

Welcome to the site. It isn't so much the end off the year that matters, it's the end of every month. There are sales goals and sales contests...it's more like sports than anything else. Anyway, enjoy your new Leaf.

Hi,

I'm looking for this item (for a 2016 Leaf): https://shop.nissan.co.uk/products/nissan-leaf-charging-port-lid-cover-k90023nl0a with reasonable price, below £50, it's just a piece of plastic. Does someone know if it's available cheaper from somewhere (obviously not the original).

I was hoping this would help with covering the ports while charging in rain and snow. Does anyone have experience with it?

Thank you!

antivirtel said:
Hi,

I'm looking for this item (for a 2016 Leaf): https://shop.nissan.co.uk/products/nissan-leaf-charging-port-lid-cover-k90023nl0a with reasonable price, below £50, it's just a piece of plastic. Does someone know if it's available cheaper from somewhere (obviously not the original).

I was hoping this would help with covering the ports while charging in rain and snow. Does anyone have experience with it?

Thank you!

Not sure about snow, but I know it's completely unnecessary in the rain (the J1772 connector enshrouds the port, and there's a drain opening in the well). I've never had a problem charging in the rain, and that cover looks like something you have to put in AFTER opening the cover and plugging in. And then you need to remove the cover to disconnect. Doesn't seem to help with anything.

Agree about rain, leaving the charge door slightly closed, as far as it will close with the J1772 connector in place, seems to enough for the rain but something like that might be nice(but WAY overpriced) to help with blowing snow, that tends to fill up the area around the charging port and when you unplug the J1772 connector it can get inside the connectors and leads me to blow it out with compressed air or my battery leaf blower if I want to spend the time digging it out.
As far as something cheaper, someone from Canada posted something similar but it used nylon instead of hard plastic and it was more specifically meant for snow. I believe the nylon thing could be left on even while driving, unlike the plastic thing linked.
I don't remember the price of the Canadian cover but it was more than I wanted to spend but I don't think it was outrageous as that plastic cover coming in at over $373 USD :shock:(wow! the pound is sure low, I remember when it was almost twice the dollar!)

Hi All.

First Post so hear goes

State : New Zealand
Metro area/city : Christchurch

Color/trim: 2014, 24kW, White, X (Acenta)

Options: Reverse camera, CHAdeMO, Fog lights( factory lamps fitted by me)

owned since October 2018

Plans for home charging:
Custom built OPENEVSE for home at work

Back