Official Polestar 2 topic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my first in-the-wild sighting today: I saw a white Polestar 2 driving west bound on the Mass Pike this morning. Pretty nice looking. It had Washington plates, so I suspect it was a test drive vehicle from their Boston location. There was only 1 person in it, and I saw them pull off into a service area, I suspect to charge. I was in a hurry otherwise I would have stopped to chat with the driver.

GCR:
2023 Polestar 2 gets improved range, fresh colors and wheels

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...st-drive-review-photos-price-specs-range-info

. . . The new exterior colors are Space and Jupiter, which Polestar describes as "metallic black" and "gold-grey with red flake," respectively. The standard 19-inch and optional 20-inch wheels also get new designs, while on the inside the optional Nappa leather upholstery gets a new Zinc (grey) color and is matched with Light Ash trim.

The heat pump included with the optional Plus Pack now runs optimally at temperatures between 20 degrees Fahrenheit and 77 degrees Fahrenheit. That should improve real-world range, Polestar claims.

Official United States range figures weren't available at the time of publication, however. For reference, 2022 models are rated at 270 miles in single-motor form and 249 miles in dual-motor spec.

Other small changes for 2023 include a removable sunshade for the 2's panoramic glass roof and an upgraded, app-connected cabin air filter.

Polestar is also trying to lower its vehicles' overall carbon footprint by sourcing aluminum refined using renewable energy. The aluminum tray that carries the battery casing will see a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions of 1,653 pounds per car because of this, Polestar claims. The automaker said it is also using blockchain tech to ethically source battery materials, including mica and cobalt.

Pricing for the 2023 Polestar 2 will be revealed in the coming weeks. For now, the most affordable 2022 model costs less than the Tesla Model 3, which has seen several price hikes recently.

Both the Polestar 2 and Tesla Model 3 will soon be widely available at Hertz, while Polestar has tried a somewhat different model for its retail experience. . . .

IEVS has a few more details:
Polestar 2 Receives Updates: Sustainability, Tech And Design
The Standard range Single motor version gets a higher capacity battery pack of 69 kWh too.

https://insideevs.com/news/582455/polestar2-updates-sustainability-tech-design/

. . . Main tech changes applied to the Polestar 2 Standard range Single motor:

battery pack: 69 kWh (up 5 kWh or 7.8% from 64 kWh)
"improved cell chemistry"
WLTP range: 474 km (295 miles) - up by 7-8%
electric motor: up to 170 kW (up from 165 kW)
faster charging: up to 130 kW
heat pump has an improved optimal temperature range, now between -7°C and 25°C
There is no word about any increase in battery capacity in Long range versions (78 kWh in Europe and North America and 72 kWh in China). . . .

Here is the list of changes in the latest update, listed by the manufacturer:

New exterior colors: Space (replaces Void) and Jupiter (replaces Moon)
Magnesium is now the default standard color with no cost
New designs for the standard 19-inch and optional 20-inch wheels
New Zinc color for ventilated Nappa leather upholstery (replaces Barley), available with new Light Ash deco (replaces Reconstructed Wood)
Removable sunshade for the panoramic glass roof (also available in Polestar Extras web shop from mid-June 2022 for all Polestar 2 with glass roof)
The performance software upgrade with maximum output of 350 kW and 680 Nm is now included in the Performance Pack in Europe
The heat pump (included in Plus Pack) has an improved optimal temperature range, now between -7°C and 25°C
Advanced cabin filter and upgraded interior particulate matter sensor with new in-car app that quantifies exterior air quality improvement in the cabin (Plus Pack)
In the US, the single and dual motor versions of the Polestar 2 are available only with the 78 kWh battery (see specs as of the time of announcement in August 2021).

Back