My Nissan Leaf 2022 SL Plus Experience

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SLPlus22 said:
After 1 month, still no car. I have bought this new Nissan Leaf Sl Plus 2022 4 months ago so it spent a quarter of the time at the dealer in repair since I owned the car. DON'T BUY A NISSAN LEAF!!! Terrible service!!! Nothing was done or offered! You will be left with problems.

I had a problem with my 2013 LEAF when it was 10 weeks old with a damp spot on the front passenger floor that took my car out of action for almost 4 weeks. The dealership kept telling me they were waiting on parts, and the wait could be months longer. After waiting 3 weeks, I filed a Lemon Law protest (effectively a letter to Nissan); in Massachusetts, this gave them 7 business days to repair the car or be forced to take it back and pay all my expenses. All of a sudden, instead of "it will take weeks to get this fixed" they had all the parts the next day and 3 days later the car was back in my hands.

I don't know where you are, but look to see if you have anything like a Lemon Law in your jurisdiction.

SLPlus22 said:
After 1 month, still no car. I have bought this new Nissan Leaf Sl Plus 2022 4 months ago so it spent a quarter of the time at the dealer in repair since I owned the car. DON'T BUY A NISSAN LEAF!!! Terrible service!!! Nothing was done or offered! You will be left with problems.

Waiting on parts? Pretty common problem for many right now. Although most of COVID restrictions are lifted (enjoy it while you can cause it won't last long) it will take months for several supply lines to catch up.

SO now the car I bought new at the end of november 2021 has now spent the 3rd of the time at the dealer, now going on half!

ABout 2 weeks ago I thought it was way too long. They told us a month ago they would receive the break switch... So I go there and the main maintenance guy tells me the break switch is installed but I can't go with it because the recharge latch button inside the car is broken and the part hasn't arrived and that I would have to ride with the charging dock door open.

I told him no you can open the door with the remote too... The MAIN MECHCANICAL GUY IN CHARGE DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!! SO he says wow you are right didn't thought about that. My director will be happy because that rental we gave you is costing money... I was pissed... I could be riding with my new car instead of the beaten Sentra they gave us.

He tells me to come back tmrw because the car is not ready since the dash is partly open.... MY GF went to pick up the car the next day. The Main guy is there and tells her he parked the car himself yesterday. She goes to unlock the door but nothing happens. Comes back inside the dealer, tells the guy who goes to check himself. He says the 12v is dead and that he prob left something on... My GF tells him they had the car for more than 1 month now, that they should make sure it starts before calling us...

This is a NIGHTMARE!!! The mechnical guy in charge told her to leave with the rental that the car wouldn't be ready now.... That was about 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything from them again.

WHAT A MESS!!

I'm not in USA... No lemon law in Canada. Thank you very much for the suggestion. I read about it and the government offers some action in these cases which I might try next.

SLPlus22 said:
I read about it and the government offers some action in these cases which I might try next.
I just read up about CAMVAP, which at least Nissan is a participating member.
https://ic.gc.ca/eic/site/oca-bc.nsf/eng/ca02998.html

You are dealing with an exceptionally bad dealership.

So, yes, there is a bell curve of dealer goodness/badness, with plenty of dealers in the bad to very bad range. I have also had a very bad experience at two dealers. But this is not just a dealer problem--Nissan headquarters here in the US also has responsibility--arguably full responsibility.

Back