Interior trim panel removal

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim74656

Somewhere on earth with in Connecticut air space
Ok, been looking on the googles, youtube and even here, but I figure I should ask just incase,, but I am trying to see if there is any information on removing the interior trim pieces at the A pillar so I can run my dash cam wire and route it to the fuse panel, does anyone know of a guide or any service manuals that show how to remove the actual pillar piece so I can finish routing my install wire to the fuse box?

Just in in case, yes I do have a service manual but it stops at the 2014 year and is marked for 2010-2014 year range. (I am guessing there was almost no changes to interior so that is why I am using this one)

If your heart is set in going to the fuse box, go for it. But I just installed a 12v buck giving me usb c and USB-A 3.0 (12V USB Outlet, Dual Quick Charge... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09D34DTTZ) above the rear view mirror and in front of the upper console (sunglasses holder thing) into the headliner. It’s a super easy and clean way to add power to the roof for your dashcam.

Just tap into the map light power and your good to go!

If you need a cigarette lighter port instead, this would instal very similarly https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TTNF118/

And questions, let me jnow

In general, removing interior trim pieces is pretty easy if you know the proper procedure and have the appropriate trim removal tools. I like plastic trim tools to minimize the chance of marring the trim.

How do you learn how to remove the trim? Youtube plus checking the appropriate manual for your car. I would always recommend double-checking the manual as there can be issues when messing with trim panels that cover airbags. I'm not 100% sure about the Leaf, but quite a few cars house potentially dangerous airbag components behind the A pillar trim. Obviously you always disconnect the battery when dealing with airbag components, but regardless you don't want to damage any part of your safety equipment.

If you're set on placing a wire behind the A pillar, I would first check to see if you can do it without removing the trim. Depending on the thickness of your wire, you might be able to work it under the edge without actually removing trim.

There is a good video on how to add a dashcam here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_54dMrWdIg

I could add it without using any wire ties, I just tucked it under the headliner, and it stayed in place perfectly.

I also added a rear dashcam and one piece of advice get yourself a stiff piece of wire. It will help you pull the camera cable through the door pillars. There is a void space between the front and back door, so once you remove the rubber seals from around the door frame, you can run the cable along there.

I can add some pictures. Later on.

Back