Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else seen a gen. 2 Mirai in the wild yet? I saw a blue one, obviously privately owned as it had temp plates and the latest blue HOV stickers on it, a week ago last Friday. It looked so normal, right in the Lexus/Infiniti/Acura sedan wheelhouse. Nothing special, but thankfully not an ugly weirdmobile like the gen. 1.

Pretty sure I saw one a while ago. Same trip that I saw the Nexo. Must say, Nexo is still the more appealing vehicle even though I'm not a fan of SUVs generally.

Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
And long-haul trucking will soon be knocked over as a kingpin of the fuel cell argument. Nikola Motors has YET to produce their truck in volume. If they don't hurry soon, then Tesla will kill their market in 2019 when the semi is expected to be released - a truck that's both lower-cost to operate, and cleaner than diesel.

Nikola Motors isn't likely to produce anything but legal briefs in volume.

Federal criminal fraud charges against Trevor Milton accuse the Nikola founder of lying about “nearly all aspects of the business.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/us-prosecutors-charge-trevor-milton-founder-of-electric-carmaker-nikola-with-three-counts-of-fraud.html

(And no surprise, Tesla's Semi isn't released yet.)

WetEV said:
Oils4AsphaultOnly said:
And long-haul trucking will soon be knocked over as a kingpin of the fuel cell argument. Nikola Motors has YET to produce their truck in volume. If they don't hurry soon, then Tesla will kill their market in 2019 when the semi is expected to be released - a truck that's both lower-cost to operate, and cleaner than diesel.

Nikola Motors isn't likely to produce anything but legal briefs in volume.

Federal criminal fraud charges against Trevor Milton accuse the Nikola founder of lying about “nearly all aspects of the business.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/29/us-prosecutors-charge-trevor-milton-founder-of-electric-carmaker-nikola-with-three-counts-of-fraud.html

(And no surprise, Tesla's Semi isn't released yet.)

Yeah, the Tesla semi delay is a huge disappointment! But it will happen eventually.

I've now seen (or perhaps it would be more accurate to say ID'd) 4 Mirai 2s in the wild, including two today in less than 15 minutes 😮 Mirai 1 sightings (no problem ID'ing them) have been averaging 1/day for months.

I've also ID'd two Nexos to date. By comparison, I just saw/ID'd my first Bolt EUV a couple of days ago.

Toyota has a test mule with a solid state battery.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/toyota-is-road-testing-a-prototype-solid-state-battery-ev/ar-AAOcJrZ

What's the point of dirty hydrogen fuel cells?

Spotted another 2 Mirai 2s today within half an hour, thus increasing my total sightings by 50%. Maybe I'm just getting better at ID'ing them compared to their numerous Japanese look-alikes. Mirai 1 sightings remain steady at about 1/day. I've also seen a couple of Nexos.

Surprisingly, in So Cal, I saw a Mirai that Yellow Cab Company decals on it. I guess it was being used as a taxi. It wasn't painted yellow though. I wonder if they leased it for the free up to $15K worth of fuel...

I've heard audio ads for Mirai via NPR's app 3 separate times now while playing different new stories. I'm guessing they're injected for Bay Area/California users as it'd make no sense to have these be played in parts of the US where the car's not available.

Back