62kwh Leaf Plus Efficiency Posting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marktm said:
Observation from recent 91 mile trip:
GOM guessed 3.6 miles/kWh
LeafSpy calculated to 3.93 miles/kWh

Almost all highway driving on mostly flat terrain. Fairly high side winds. No HVAC. Tires at ~ 40 psi.
Highway speed 65 mph.

I've found it's typical to have a .3-.4 miles/kWh "spread" of LS vrs GOM.

Also, when the GOM shows essentially 0 miles, LS estimates about 20 miles with 1 mile end point.

Round trip on single charge to the rural cabin last week (same destination and back as above quotes):

Wind was slightly from behind on the trip to the cabin - cross winds coming back
182.2 miles total
GOM guessed 4.0 miles/kWh
LeafSpy calc => 4.19 miles/kWh
Start GIDS - 732
Start SOC 97.5%
End GIDS - 163
End SOC - 21.8%
GOM showed 24 miles left from round trip
LeafSpy showed 51 miles to 1% remaining @ 4.0m/kWh
6728 miles on ODO

I feel quite confident that I can make the round trip under most conditions for quite some time before degradation takes it's toll.

2019 S Plus: April approx. 1000 miles ave 3.8 m/kWh (still cold here, using heat most of the month including April 30, looking forward to warm!)

Battery health 94.13 total miles 31,500

Another trip to cabin and back:
182 miles
3.93 overall m/kWh (based on LS kWh readings).

After the trip, I drove around town, took Leaf to 5.6% SOC/ 42 GIDS, for a total range of 245 miles! LS showed about 10 miles remaining at 1% setting on LS.
Further test to turtle indicated that it hit around 2-3% remaining (LS) with maybe 2-3 miles available on turtle. As I was driving, did not capture all this on LS. However, I think setting LS to 3% remaining will best determine the absolute maximum safe estimate of remaining miles (1% likely will not be attained).

I was certainly surprised that the total range after such a trip was so high! Either my around the town driving was really efficient, or remaining mile estimates - even on LS are quite conservative. The GOM lost % battery with more than 20 miles remaining - so it's quite useless for absolute max range comfort.

If driven gently, the Plus can easily cover 240+ miles.

McArthur, I am jealous of your 94% SoH. My SV Plus is at 90.6, and while it does everything we want it to do, I do feel the bit of range loss.

I do think that more longer drives does help both the Hx and SoH over the long haul. Something about those long pulls on the battery.

Hey Doug, I am jealous of your efficiency numberrs, we drive conservatively but are no longer willing to freeze while driving (and the Plus has the toaster oven heater....). We seldom travel very far but are careful with charging to keep the 20-80 range......

My wife has more real world numbers in her Leaf, as she also enjoys warmth.

I really want to not care.. but find it hard to look away from the efficiency gauge.

I have another Kansas run coming up next month, so excited to see if I can beat 12 hours for the 580 mile run.

Kansas field trip! I see a 150kW DCFC near here, may try to get there someday to see what the Leaf maxes out at- what is your average charge time and driving interval?

OldManCan said:
OldManCan said:
OldManCan said:
2022 SL+ 1947 miles driven in Jan @ 3.8 kWh average. SOH dropped from 99.22 to 98.95.

1708 miles driven in Feb @ 3.8 kWh avg. SOH dropped from 98.95 to 98.68.

Usage pattern similar from month to month and efficiency turned out exact match to last month. Mix of freeway miles (~ 60% to 70%) at or above 65 / 70 mph and rest local road driving @ max 45 mph. SoCal weather is kind on us and the LEAF.

2200 driven in Mar @ 3.7 kWh avg. SOH dropped from 98.68 to 98.43

With the spiking gas prices, I calculated by gas cost avoidance for the month a whopping $734. (comparative base being my other vehicle which is an old F150 which sat unused). Thank you Nissan LEAF!

1403 miles driven in April @ 3.7 kWh avg. SOH dropped from 98.43 to 98.21.

We were away for almost 10 days hence less mileage. Missed the LEAF.

MacArthur

I have a thread on my Kansas trip with the legs, times, and power used on the forum. My hope is that with a June trip, I can do it with just 2 stops. Going through Iowa, my plan is Skokie to Iowa City, then Iowa city to south of Des Moines, than the final leg to Lawrence. I will need good conditions for it to work.

MacArthur

I have a thread on my Kansas trip with the legs, times, and power used on the forum. My hope is that with a June trip, I can do it with just 2 stops. Going through Iowa, my plan is Skokie to Iowa City, then Iowa city to south of Des Moines, than the final leg to Lawrence. I will need good conditions for it to work.

May is in the books.

2019 S+ 554 miles and 5.5 miles/kWh
2019 SV+ 520 miles and 4.3 miles/kWh

May had both very warm spells (90F) and cold days in the 40s. Both cars had similar amounts of Freeway driving. The SV+ also uses a lot of hvac, though still put up some reasonable numbers. My S+ is seeing more miles now that I am going to work a day a week.

It won't be June, but I would like to try to hit an average of 6 for a month. That will require some focused driving.

It sure feels good being gas free as gas passes $5.50/gallon on the north side.

1778 miles driven in April @ 3.6 miles/kWh avg. SOH dropped from 98.21% to 97.71%.

I must have had the SOH adjustment last month as the monthly drop was about 0.50% vs the 0.20%ish drops I was seeing each month before.

Overall SOH drop since new car in early December 2021 till now : 99.44% to 97.71% = 1.73% in 10,610 miles overall.

776 miles @ 4.6 miles/kWh, up from 4.4 in April and 4.2 in March. Average battery temperature 71.4 F.

Current SOH is 92.71, but due for another quarterly adjustment sometime this month.

5.5 mi/kWh is impressive. I routinely get around 5.0 on my 2017 S but that is with a lot of town driving, no exceeding 65mph on the highway and driving 'like a grandma'.

Nice job.

Back