Nismo Leaf Project

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevinvdb

In 2020 i decided to sell my 24kWh Leaf Tekna (highest trim level), and go for the 62kWh version.
Since the first images of the Nismo concept, i have quietly hoped that it would also be for sale in Europe.
But it soon became apparent that it would not be for sale anywhere outside of Japan.
After purchasing my Gun Metallic 62kWh Leaf Tekna (highest trim level) in September 2020, i started my search for parts in November 2020 to change my Leaf in to the Nismo Leaf.
To buy the parts new, you need a VIN number from an original Nismo Leaf, and the part numbers.
After searching some auction sites, i found pictures of a nismo leaf with the VIN number on one of the pictures.
Buying everything new turned out to be financially unfeasible, so I mainly focused on 2nd hand parts.
To buy the 2nd hand parts in Japan, i used the service of myjapanbrand.
Most sellers on Yahoo and other auction sites in Japan do not ship overseas or sell to private individuals.
They then buy the parts for you, and bring everything together in their warehouse, from which they then send everything abroad.
Parts that I didn't find i bought new through blackhawkjapan, they order the parts directly through nissan japan.
I concentrated on the outside of the car first.
I received the first parts in January 2021, and the last in June 2021.
After repainting the bumpers and side skirts, i was able to start the conversion on June 29, 2021.
All in all, this cost me about $10,000, a lot of it was import and transport costs.
So everything i got for my 24 kWh has gone into this project.
I am personally very happy with how it looks now, although the project is not over yet.
It still has to be lowered, but that is not possible for the time being.
There is currently no lowering kit for the 62 kWh for sale in Europe.
Buying this in Japan is not an option, because I need special certificates for it in Belgium.
At the moment I am waiting for a package from Japan, which is still at customs.
Then i can start on the interior.
I haven't decided yet how far I'm going to go, like changing the seats and steering wheel.
The start button and the red ventilation vents are certainly going to be placed.
Photos and videos are on my twitter and youtube account.
https://twitter.com/NismoLeaf
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZhu-ydW1D9fKAFYyJP9ORA

Thank You for sharing!

I’ve shortlisted some of the parts :)
- new emblems front and rear
- rain visors

Maybe.. start buttons and AC vents

Questions..
1) does the rear emblem just stick to the car with adhesives?
2) the front emblem looks to stick to the car with a clip, can you just pop it out without taking the bumper apart?

Thanks!

The rear emblem is adhesive only.
If you don't mind that a lip breaks off, from the old emblem, it will be possible without removing the bumper or grill.

A little update.

I installed the start button, the middle red ventilation grille, and the nismo logo under the air conditioning controls. The left and right ventilation grilles do not fit on a left-hand drive Leaf. I'm now looking to have it painted or wrapped. Yesterday I also lowered the Leaf with RS-R Down lowering springs.

hyap463 said:
Thanks Kevin!

Do you happen to have the part numbers for the factory 18x7 in wheels?

I'd love to know what those wheels weigh too. Light weight wheels are a real performance option for our cars.

Back