2022 Leaf lease deals discussion

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwerdna

Co-worker pointed me to this in OK this morning:
https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-2022-nissan-leaf-sv-w-tech-2800-due-at-signing-85-per-month-18m-10k-oklahoma/411380
They (mackie1604) wrote:
Signed: 2022 Nissan Leaf SV w/tech - $2800 due at signing, $85 per month (18m/10k) Oklahoma
Picked up a Nissan Leaf SV this weekend.
18 month/10k per year
$85 per month
$2844 (Taxes, Title, License ($1610), Doc Fee ($399), Acq $650, First Month $85, $100 security deposit)
$2100 lease cash from Nissan USA.

Pretty happy with the deal, these cars are so insanely hard to find, I couldn’t pass on it. They had a $1300 addendum on it as well which I negotiated down a bit, so it could’ve been even cheaper.)
I only had time to skim the replies but it looks like a pretty good deal.

I interpret is at $2844 due at signing + (17 months * $85/mo). I'd have sprung for something like this if it existed when I was in the market.

$650 acquisition? Is that the norm? Now that I am an owner, I have lost my lease sense :lol:

Price seems ok if your only plan was a bridge to something else but based on social media, it would appear 40's are around but pluses (other than the fully loaded with market adjustments) are very scarce.

Still too bad that leases aren't doing the full tax credit any more. I guess Nissan is ok with most of them being returned instead of bought out?

DaveinOlyWA said:
$650 acquisition? Is that the norm? Now that I am an owner, I have lost my lease sense :lol:
Don't know but I'm looking at a copy of my Niro EV lease that was sent early to me (need to compare with the printout at home) also has an acquisition fee of $650. Mine's California though.

I can say that the # of payments, due at signing (for me, $0) and payment amounts matched + anything else that might matter in terms of total lease cost matched.

Update: $650 looks right for NMAC given https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/nissan-raising-lease-acquisition-fee-on-april-2.

A lease acquisition fee is normal for all leases. It just looks like a LOT of money when the term is so short. And really, why would someone what such a short term? In a year and a half you're then faced with what to do with the car - buy it out or sell it, trade it, etc. There is usually a 'disposition fee' at the end as well - a charge for buying out the car, some even charge for turning them in. Read the fine print of your contract.

Out of my last dozen or more cars in the past 20 years almost all were leased. My last one that matured in July coming up here, I sold early to a broker - market value was ten thousand over the residual. This isn't the norm, but due to 35-40% appreciation in used car values - 'carmageddon'. It was a gas-guzzler and I could see the writing on the wall as far as values - Dodge Challenger RT. Over 16K miles it averaged 16mpg. On premium fuel to boot. Sure was fun though!

I have found most cars can be traded in at about 24-30 months, payoff is low enough to trade out of it for something else. The worst on we had was a mercedes coupe that was about ten grand underwater at least termination, even with low miles. Just handed them the keys and said 'thank you'. I've leased four MB's.

The Edmunds forums do pretty well reporting current money factor and residuals on leases each month - anyone anticipating leasing a car needs this data going in - the dealer will nearly always try to pad the figures to extract more money out of the deal. Even $25 extra month over a 3 year lease is $900 - a nice additional gross profit for the salesman and store. As a consumer you simply got screwed out of $900 more dollars.

I had a dealer do this, we agreed to a payment and they rolled us, only to have the finance source reject the deal - they wouldn't fund it cuz the numbers didn't match their lease terms. So the dealer pulled the 'we have a problem with the contract, would you please come back in and re-sign' where they tried to raise the cap-cost. I said WTH and threatened to sue them, call the AG. They all ran scared, the manager wouldn't come out of his office - it was on a Saturday. Ten days later I was afraid they would come try to repo the car, so I called the dealership president - explained what was going on - he gave me the GM and told him to 'take care of us'. We got $50 a month knocked off our payment and a lower residual. And that was the THIRD car we bought from them. Never again. LOL

There will come a day, probably sooner than later, where manufacturers will sell direct, putting the dealers out of business. Ford has spun off their EV line and plan to sell direct to consumer - no inventory, order the car, no negotiations - just sell at msrp - and the dealer's job is to simply deliver the car, and service it. Much like Tesla is doing - the old way just isn't working. We have dealers charging an extra $35K on Ford LIghtenings.

Back