Hello all! An odd dream car - Tuner LEAF from Alberta Canada

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylitdriven

Hey everyone! Been on the forum for a little bit but noticed that I never got around to an intro post.

Back in 2011, my twelve year old self really didn't know anything about cars, I did like racing games more than most others but didn't play games much as a whole. My dad took me to the local new/manufacturer car show that year, and for some reason, out of all the cars there, I fell in love with the Leaf and thought it was so cool. It was the first car that made me say "I want one when I grow up", and ended up actually continuing to be the only even as the years went by.

While other kids had posters of Lambos or other exotics on their bedroom wall, I had the two Leaf posters I took home from the show, and they are still on my wall to this day. Also still have my DVD copy of Revenge of the Electric Car somewhere!

IMG-20220515-233120.jpg

Took almost a decade, but it was a very fulfilling moment when a bit over a year ago it finally came true, and now here she is!

20220504-203537-1.jpg

20220504-205227-1.jpg

IMG-20220312-182749.jpg

Over the years I eventually did get into cars, especially imports and subsequently becoming a 'ricer', which has since toned down since the teenage years, but I still got to have the personalized aspect to any of my cars (as atypical for modifying as most of them have been), which pretty clearly reflects in it.

Maybe compared to everyone else at the time I was a strange child for it, but hey, I'm the only one out of them who (at 22) is actually able to say - Yeah, I really do own my childhood dream car.

Very cool story. Thank you for sharing!

I didn't care for cars at all until I got my first of two PHEVs. Since then I've gained much interest in BEV's. PHEVs no longer interest me after driving BEVs!

Back