2012 Leaf Charging Problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, new member posting in this thread as it is very helpful.

I experienced the same issue as 95eagle on my 2012 and am wondering if I can tackle replacing the diode myself. New OBC seems like a big task. but I have tried the multimeter probing in the EVs Enhanced video and can't get anything. Any tips on what to probe? I saw some commentary on the difficulty of getting this reading.

I have the low 12v battery and replaced it a few years ago without the OBC failing. What can Leaf owners due to avoid this happening again the next time the 12v is low? Really disappointed this car is essentially junked now.

The readings on the car charge connector were 4.3 volts between ground and the prox pin. Infinite resistance between pilot pin and ground in either direction. Would indicate an open diode or some other failure in the OBC. Doubt that a new diode in the pilot line will fix it but will try it anyway. Could also be the cable off the car charge plug but highly unlikely.

Back