Nissan Ariya to be announced for the JDM July 15, 2020

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, no matter what happens today, I feel confident my life will not be hampered in my mind. The best part is the complete lack of desire to aspire to anyone else's level of convenience. I am 2 years into my current LEAF and I expect to change within 5 years but even that is a tough call. I will be retired before then and its possible

I won't be able to afford to buy a new car

Used car market will have all that I am looking for

The demise of charging options was completely overblown.

And if its not, it wouldn't be the first time. Anyone with 3G telematics can attest to that but that book is not complete although the end was,is and has been in sight for years.

I'm pretty sure that 3G will end on 2/22, if only because they have really been letting the 3G network slide. I play music on my bike when I ride, and the number of Dead Zones on my route has triple or quadrupled in the last year.

LeftieBiker said:
I'm pretty sure that 3G will end on 2/22, if only because they have really been letting the 3G network slide. I play music on my bike when I ride, and the number of Dead Zones on my route has triple or quadrupled in the last year.

Several reports that it has already ended

Quick review of features/price I don’t see how this is competitive with a Mach e. The latter is cheaper and its top trim is a rocket.

I saw one on i94 outside Detroit in the wild. Manufacturer plates on it.

Waiting to see how they price it. I originally thought they were going high end. But I can't see them pricing that over an ioniq 5. If it matched an ioniq for price I think I would go for the ariya

LeftieBiker said:
Well, I learned a bit more German, which I'm already forgetting. Would you like me to try to make that a direct link to YouTube?
You can click on the gear for Google's auto-translation to whatever language you want from the Norwegian. YMMV as to how good that is since machine translation can be a pretty tough task, esp. if the source and target languages are grammatically very different.

Oops, wrong language. Sometimes it's more fun to guess at the words, like the ones used for capacity, seconds, 0-100kph times, etc. Let's see if that direct link will work...nope, no dice. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.

Nissan Norway is now offering test drives for potential buyers. They have one or two cars that tours the different dealerships in the country. This is prototype-cars Nissan says, so they can differ from the production car.

Quite a few Ariya road test videos showing up lately on YouTube. This one, from Jack @ Fully Charged, is quite favorable:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=he64g8bL7QY

Haven't had time to watch, but I'm guessing that either a reviewer's EVent happened recently and/or a media embargo has been lifted.

Often in the industry (e.g. auto, electronics, etc.) reviewers get early access and can write all they want but are not allowed to release any info to public until a media embargo date has passed. This sort of thing has been going for at least a decade.

Nissan will supposedly ask its dealer network to take a profit hit on the Ariya in order to help pay for R&D.

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/nissan-considers-dealer-margin-cut-ariya-ev-offset-rd

Nissan US Dealers Told To Stop Taking New Orders For 2023 Ariya
Nissan COO Ashwani Gupta explains that it is better to limit orders to what can realistically be delivered in a timely manner.
https://insideevs.com/news/588895/nissan-us-dealers-told-stop-taking-new-orders-2023-ariya-ev/

^^ This article says that USA will get 6,000 copies in 2022.

That is quite a lot if each EV spawns say, 15 youtube videos.
Now we know why the LEAF has not been killed. Got to keep up with CARB compliance

Back