Upgrade base model to higher spec

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xafalcon

I would like to upgrade my base model leaf to a higher spec, so I have cruise control. What module(s) and wiring do I need to swap?

If it matters, I have a 2015 AZEO1 base model and a 2016 AZEO2 30kW mid range donor car

TIA for any help

Battery capacity is measured in kWh, not kW.

I don't have specific answers but recall at least one thread here. Google for site:mynissanleaf.com falconfour cruise control. US S trims for '13 and '14 had no cruise control whereas all '11 to '17 SV and SL trims have always had it. It became standard on US S trim with '15: https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/release-513847a8aeeb48d480a52a8fbdcdbd93-us-2015-nissan-leaf-press-kit.

Thanks. I live in New Zealand, so our Leafs are all Japan spec. Base model S never got cruise control for the whole AZEO range, right through to 2017. The mid spec is model X and the top spec is model G9. However all models got quick charge dc port for all model years

It isn't real common in the US to use designations like ZE0, AZE0, ZE1, etc. like https://evsenhanced.com/ uses.

The Leaf marketing trim levels in the US have always been SV and SL for '11 and '12 then '13 to '22 having S, SV and SL w/S being the cheapest trim. This is like what Nissan has been using for marketing letters on many of their cars. Ages ago, they used letters like GXE, SE and GLE like on the '02 Maxima.

I seem to recall that adding cruise control to a Leaf without it is very difficult, because of a lack of the necessary wiring in the dash. I could have this wrong, but that's what I remember.

Thanks. So you are saying the Nissan Leaf is one of the few cars that isn't "max-wired" from the factory. That's not good at all

I guess I could transplant the whole wiring harness and bcm into my base model. That way I would end up with a very well optioned car - the donor was an "Autech" version

The whole point of the Leaf S was to have a lower cost entry level model that was cheaper for Nissan to build. So no telematics, no heat pump, no alloy wheels, no infotainment unit... I guess they didn't plan on adding cruise control to the S until they did.

Back