Broken nav touch screen in 2014 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good afternoon, my touchscreen on a 2015 leaf has failed on the right hand side so am very interested in this post. How do I find what manufacturer / version I have or is this screen compatible with all?
Rgds
John

chrismurray said:
So I bought one of these from Aliexpress for £12 including UK postage and set about following sdmike1’s instructions. It took about an hour and worked first time.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002542833696.html
ZhiYuSun for NISSAN QY-7221 Car dvd general Screen Touch Screen Digitizer QY7221

Just wanted to update the forum to say that this replacement part worked flawlessly and now I have control of the right side of the screen again! Thanks to everyone for providing such valuable information - saved me a bundle.

I want to say thanks so much to everyone on this thread. We have just successfully replaced the broken touchscreen in our 2011 Leaf thanks to sdmike's excellent instructions and the Ali Express link for the part. Absolutely brilliant and a great use of the internet for useful information sharing!

I have a 2015 Leaf and about half of the right side of the touch screen no longer responds. I have inquired about replacing the screen but have only been told that I would need to replace my unit with a brand new one (> $6000 CAD) or a used one from an auto wrecker(> $1000 CAD). It is heartening to find out that it is possible to replace the screen and the unit works as it should. Unfortunately, I am not mechanically inclined and would not feel confident to do it myself. Does anyone know of a business that might do this work? I'm near Vancouver.

Thanks!

I found a reputable car audio business who says they can do the replacement of the touchscreen but they would like to know how to get to the diagnostic menu to recalibrate the touch panel. The method I found on speakev which said to press the Map button 3 times then the Radio control twice and finally the Map button once doesn't bring up a diagnostic menu in my 2015 Leaf.

Daleypep could you help me out since you have done this I think on a 2015 Leaf?

Thank you very much.

Daleypep said:
I've just done exactly the same. Bought the touch panel from AliExpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002542833696.html

It took about 40 mins to replace and it works perfectly. I took the audio fuse out which is under the front bonnet next to the battery, rather than disconnecting the battery. Also once fitted I need to go into the diagnostic menu to recalibrate the touch panel. Great instructions from sdmike1.

Thank you for posting the steps in how to remove a touchscreen.
Did all steps, turned back on the car and find that I have a white screen.
Sadly, I am no longer able to open/tilt the screen.

Any thoughts on how to get it to rotate 90 degrees?
Best
David

Dear Experts
I have Nissan Leaf 2013 with QY-7214 which I need to replace the touch panel.Is it working panel available in Aliexpress with ""ZhiYuSun for NISSAN QY-7221 Car dvd general Screen Touch Screen Digitizer QY7221"" this link? Your expert advice is appreciated.

Worked for me too!
Thanx for the instructions.
Had to do some things twice - story of my life....
But worked out in the end.
Best regards,
Antoine

I have replaced my touchscreen too and made a video about it. Maybe it will help others considering this repair.

https://youtu.be/fEjRmkCcDis

Hello leaf fellows,

I was following this instructions and everything ok until power again head unit.
Since was very descalibrated now I cannot go to display calibration under service menu.
Is there any other way to do it?
Using the screen I can't do the job 😭

Many thanks to all of you for the fantastic help..

Back