Falcon73
Delivery Date: 28 Dec 2021
Leaf Number: 302930

Re: Dashboard efficiency not matching LeafSpy

GerryAZ wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:30 pm There is a setting in Leaf Spy for the odometer: CAN Odometer in Miles should be checked. This should fix your odometer in Leaf Spy to match the car odometer and may also correct the difference you see in the mi/kWh readings. FWIW, the dash mi/kWh is a bit optimistic when compared to miles actually driven divided by charging energy from the wall. My actual wall-to-wheels average efficiency is about 3 miles per kWh.
This fixed #1 above, thanks! I will check #2 when driving today.
Falcon73

LeftieBiker wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:54 am That's the most degraded 40kwh pack reading I've seen so far. It's the rough equivalent of an ICE car that's burning some oil but runs fairly well anyway. The cell differential is a bit high, but not alarmingly so.
What number would be alarming? I've noticed that cell 1 seems to be the biggest problem in the battery pack.
LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

The degree to which the differential indicates a problem depends on how high the State Of Charge is. The differentials tend to increase as the SOC gets lower. Just off the top of my head, if it reads 100 or more with a full charge, that would concern me. 150 when full, and I'd be looking for ways to trigger Turtle mode, to get a warranty replacement.
Brilliant Silver 2021 Leaf SV40 W/ Pro Pilot & Protection
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 2 lithium E-bicycles.
BAFX OBDII Dongle
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.
Falcon73

Sounds good. Thank you, Leftie.

I will keep an eye on it.

Also, its move to WA has been delayed as the transport cost I was quoted was $700 lower than what they told me on Friday, ouch!

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”